Windows 10: Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching

Discus and support Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last night a power outage happened that caused the lights to go off for about 3-4 hours. When the power acame back, Windows said is was busy uupdating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlecSoltes, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching

Last night a power outage happened that caused the lights to go off for about 3-4 hours. When the power acame back, Windows said is was busy uupdating and that it shouldn't be interrupted so I turned off the monitor and went to sleep. When I woke up, I found that the bootup process was not working, constantly saying that the system was working on a fix but to no avail. Eventually I got prompted to do a stat-up diagnosis. it didn't seem to work until reset it one more time and it replied that it was cleaning the C disk. After that, every time I restart it loads normally but the lock screen doesn't work as it's supposed to.

For one thing, the Microsoft personal icon that shows up with the Screen prompting a password doesn't work, leaving me with just an empty portrait temlpate. Second is that when i log in, it loads permanently to a black screen. I can still use a mouse and open task managerwhen it fully logs in.

I've also been having the periodic problem where it gets stuck on the "Preparng Windows" screen after the password is confirmed for the login. I'm guessing this has something to do with windows not working, but I can't tell what or why.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

:)

AlecSoltes, Jul 12, 2019

2. Having trouble renaming files in windows 10.

Hi Varin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As you are unable to rename the files I understand the inconvenience. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to any particular file in any specific folder/ drive?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs or not. In Safe Mode computer starts with minimal set of drivers and files.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to perform
    Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 3: I suggest you to boot the device to Normal mode and check if the issue persists.

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

Strongly suggest you watch some youtube videos on Macrium and follow them step by step, making sure they are current.

Also make sure you have the manual to hand, and use the extensive help provided with the product.

dalchina, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching

Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching

1. Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching - Similar Threads - Having Trouble Starting

2. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app: When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found....
  3. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app: When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found....
  4. Having trouble starting and fixing windows 11 start up after adding a hard drive

Having trouble starting and fixing windows 11 start up after adding a hard drive: My gaming laptop, a MSI gf 63818, runs in Windows 11. After some time, following the addition of a ram stick and a hard drive to my computer, it began to automatically repair, but would fail doing so. It showed me the following log file...
  5. Having trouble launching Microsoft Flight Simulator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble launching Microsoft Flight Simulator.: Hello, all!After the update of Microsoft Flight Sim the other day, I haven't been able to launch the game. I was able to fly the first day they added the Pelican, but after that the game has not worked for me.Whenever I launch the game, the splash screen will appear, it will...
  6. Having trouble launching Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Having trouble launching Microsoft Flight Simulator.: Hello, all!After the update of Microsoft Flight Sim the other day, I haven't been able to launch the game. I was able to fly the first day they added the Pelican, but after that the game has not worked for me.Whenever I launch the game, the splash screen will appear, it will...
  7. start up trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up trouble: hp envy desktop with windows 10 stuck on welcome screen. what steps should i take? and i can't get to safe mod https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-trouble/0e3e5457-3dfa-454f-a333-d5936ba16838
  8. trouble starting up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    trouble starting up: I'm having trouble with my computer starting up.. I have to turn it on and off several times before it starts up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-starting-up/e0cbe74b-f214-4458-a6e0-00500644a02a
  9. Excel launching on start up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel launching on start up: Anyone find office apps launching on start up recently? It’s doing it on both our machines. We have 365 and use excel most. We always ensure the program is shut when doing shutdown. It’s a small issue but slightly irritating to see it launch when logging in 134523
  10. Having troubles with start menu windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Having troubles with start menu windows 10: Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "rstrui.exe" into the "Open" box, click "OK" and see if you have a recently created restore point. If so, use it. Ben

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4507453 update problem black screen boot