Windows 10: Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate

Discus and support Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I recently built a new pc with Asus Prime X470-PRO and AMD Ryzen 3600x but I used a disk from my old pc, (Asus H97M-E, Intel i7-4790) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/martinskrinjar, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate

Hi!

I recently built a new pc with Asus Prime X470-PRO and AMD Ryzen 3600x but I used a disk from my old pc, (Asus H97M-E, Intel i7-4790) and everything seems to be working fine except when I want for computer to go to sleep (or hibernate) it just turns of screen but computer is still turned on and if I move the mouse, the screen goes on and it shows default lock screen on win10. This bothers me very much because I constantly used hibernate function on my old pc...

Things I already tried, but did not get expected results:

• Turn off fast startup in windows and bios,

• Control panel->power options->allow computer to go to sleep

• Hibernation mode is on

I have a 64bit Windows 10 Enterprise - same operating system was running on my old pc

submitted by /u/martinskrinjar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/martinskrinjar, Apr 4, 2020
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate

1. Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate - Similar Threads - refuses sleep hibernate

2. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  3. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  4. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually: Hello,Need help PC won't enter Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically. Sleep and Hibernate work fine when done manually from Start Menu.Trying to debug/fix the issue for the last 2 weeks but cannot find a solution, checked and applied various solutions from this forum as well,...
  5. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually: Hello,Need help PC won't enter Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically. Sleep and Hibernate work fine when done manually from Start Menu.Trying to debug/fix the issue for the last 2 weeks but cannot find a solution, checked and applied various solutions from this forum as well,...
  6. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  8. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  9. PC going to sleep

PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate

Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate: I have a Lenovo desktop that will not go into sleep or hibernate mode. When I select sleep or hibernate from the start menu the display goes to sleep but the pc continues to run. I have tried formating the hard drive and installing a new copy of the OS and have all the latest...