Windows 10: Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping

Discus and support Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past few days, my laptop an Acer Aspire 5 running Windows 10 has been running exceptionally slowly. The computer itself, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamMNH, Sep 14, 2020.

1. AdamMNH Win User

Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping

Over the past few days, my laptop an Acer Aspire 5 running Windows 10 has been running exceptionally slowly. The computer itself, as well as applications on it, have been taking very long to load, audio has been stuttered and crackly, and I think the battery may be draining faster, though it's hard to tell. When I start the computer, Task Manager says that the System Interrupts process is using 100% of the CPU, though this does calm down after a bit. Since this issue started, my computer has Blue Screened a few times, always with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". I have tried many solutions, but to no avail:

-I ran several virus scans with MalwareBytes, which initially found 3 malware files, but removing these didn't affect the issue.

-Running commands through the command prompt to try and check for corrupted system files, namely "sfc /scannow", "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and "chkdsk /r", all several times both normally and in Safe Mode, none of which resolved the issue.

-Updating all my device drivers. A few devices at some points displayed a Code 19 error in Device Manager, but these went away on restarting. Several restarts later, I noticed the error on the same devices, but once again a restart fixed this.

-Attempting to update my system. This didn't work, and I got three different error messages on different attempts, namely "0xc19001e1", "0x80070020", and "0x80070005".

What is likely to be causing this issue, and how can I resolve it given that these attempts did not work?

:)

AdamMNH, Sep 14, 2020

2. My PC with windows 10 runs slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Kindly follow the methods below nd check if it works:

Method 1: I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to check if similar issue persists in
    Safe mode.

Step 1: Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing
      Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.

• Under Boot tab uncheck the
      Safe boot
      option.

• Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue does not persist in Safe mode, I suggest you to uninstall any third party software installed on your PC like anti-virus software, computer cleaner software, etc. and check if the issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus
    software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.
    If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this helps.

Jenith_James, Sep 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping

internet connection is very slowly while projecting to another pc

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X Key, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping

1. Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping - Similar Threads - Running Slowly Fixes

2. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  3. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  4. Why is windows 10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows 10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  5. Windows 11 Running Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Running Slowly: Hello Gals and Guys - I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 11, but it's been running poorly. Specifically, sometimes, not always, certain programs will open slowly like if I click on them, it's like i didn't cause it hangs for a minuteit seems like a minute before it finally...
  6. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  7. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  8. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows running slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows running slowly: So to start off my computer has 16 GB of ram, Intel i5-7500 4 core processor (and a GTX 1060, if that changes anything) but yet windows runs very slowly. Sometimes it’ll take up to 20 seconds to just get a response from pressing the windows key, and I find it very annoying....
  10. Windows Explorer running slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer running slowly: My partner's computer is having a problem with Windows Explorer running slowly and poorly. It's been happening for nearly a month, she ascribes the timing of symptoms beginning to show to the same time she installed some new software. I'm not totally convinced as I've had a...