Windows 10: Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc

Discus and support Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've got a problem with icloud on my windows PCs. I have 2 of them - one running Windows 10; the other Windows 7 Home Premium - and each exhibits the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomParkinson2, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc

I've got a problem with icloud on my windows PCs. I have 2 of them - one running Windows 10; the other Windows 7 Home Premium - and each exhibits the same failings, which have been present for a couple of months or so. In the past, a click on the icloud desktop icon brought up a window inviting me to 'go to icloud.com' or 'open icloud settings' as well as options involving photos and drive. After a click on 'go to icloud.com', up would come the icloud.com window - blue, with the central spinner rotating for a few seconds until my icloud mail, contacts, calendar and so on appeared. This sequence still happens - partly - but it doesn't get beyond the initial icloud screen with the spinner. In fact, the spinner would go for ever if I let it. Therein lies the problem.

The problem went away a couple of times briefly on both PCs which I sensed was associated with a Windows software update, but I quickly had to revert to bringing up the required screen by downloading it with the inconvenience of punching in my ident and password each and every time. I'm sure there are many who have experienced the same frustration as I have, and I wonder whether there is a simple fix. I've done as much fiddling as I dare with icloud and Windows but got nowhere, so would appreciate some expert advice.

:)

TomParkinson2, Nov 20, 2018
  2. ericnixmd Win User

Sync iCloud Contacts with Outlook WITHOUT Mail

I'm aware of the iCloud app for Windows that will add iCloud mail, contacts, etc. to Outlook, but that's not what I'm wanting.

I would like to sync my contacts with Outlook, but not have my iCloud mail show in Outlook.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or an app that would do it?

Thanks!

ericnixmd, Nov 20, 2018
  3. kekinash Win User

FYI, Windows Mail supports iCloud mail, contacts and calendar syncing. It's what I use now.

kekinash, Nov 20, 2018
  4. ericnixmd Win User

Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc

I have to use Outlook. *Sad

ericnixmd, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc

1. Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc - Similar Threads - PCs access icloud

2. icloud contacts group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icloud contacts group: My icloud contacts shows individuals and group, however the group says there is no contacts in list. What is problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-contacts-group/4de08efe-0ed1-4fbd-aac4-3a0592d23feb
  3. windows 10 icloud error when activating mail, calendar, etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 icloud error when activating mail, calendar, etc: Hi Since Windows 10 2004, an error pops up when installing icloud for windows 10 configuring mail, calendar, etc. What to do? Suggestions of repair, re-install icloud, with outlook closed, did not solve the error. Please advice *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. icloud mail

icloud mail: Icloud settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail/e173aa3c-35c1-463b-85f1-98182ab910e3
  5. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  6. Can't access iCloud aliases in Windows 10 Mail

Can't access iCloud aliases in Windows 10 Mail: I have my iCloud email synced to Windows 10 mail and I can't access my aliases, which are very important for work. When I go to select an alias after New Mail, the From field is greyed out. How can I access them?...
  7. icloud contacts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    icloud contacts not working: removed and reinstalled iCloud 3 times. still not working with Microsoft mail and contacts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-contacts-not-working/53742ba3-a4b4-4758-a066-e04ac1282004
  8. Icloud for windows mail and contact sync issues

Icloud for windows mail and contact sync issues: I recently installed iCloud for windows. I have windows 10 running on a brand new Asus Laptop. The iCloud app installs but when i get the window that allows me check the boxes for what I would like to sync the check box for syncing mail and contacts with outlook is locked...
  9. Sync iCloud Contacts with Outlook WITHOUT Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sync iCloud Contacts with Outlook WITHOUT Mail: I'm aware of the iCloud app for Windows that will add iCloud mail, contacts, etc. to Outlook, but that's not what I'm wanting. I would like to sync my contacts with Outlook, but not have my iCloud mail show in Outlook. Does anyone know of a way to do this or an app that...
  10. mail app doesn't access contacts

in Browsers and Email
    mail app doesn't access contacts: Hi all, can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add an address book to the email client. I'm get mail through a pop3 optus server not gmail etc. If I begin typing a name or email address in a new email the only adresses/...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access to icloud contacts on windows live mail on pc