Windows 10: Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share

Discus and support Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In K-12 schools in the US in the last year, Windows device share grew 4.3 percent on devices under $300 and 8.2 percent on devices over $300, as more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share

Source: Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, gaining share worldwide and in the US - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Dec 5, 2017
  2. trusgold Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Is An Outright Attempt To Take Control

Microsoft is trying to strong arm us into using only anti-trust. MS are **** anyone else pissed at them trying to bully us into using only MS applications. THIS IS SUCHB AN OVERT TRY AND JUST GAIN CONTROL OF MILLIONS OF PC'S

trusgold, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Screen brightness after Creators Update

This worked for me. I guess the assumption is the education version is used on shared workstations? I had the option to get a PRO or EDU license and I chose the EDU one. Guess I should have asked for a PRO license. Is there a similar setting for the
    adaptive brightness? That also seems to get reset to YES after each reboot.

Sherd White, Dec 5, 2017
Thema:

Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share

1. Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share - Similar Threads - PCs strong growth

2. Windows 10X will land on ARM PCs to counter Google’s potential growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X will land on ARM PCs to counter Google’s potential growth: Back in October 2019, Microsoft showed off its Windows 10X on Intel-powered Surface Duo. The plans changed when the company officially announced that the Windows 10X will first come to single-screened devices in 2021 and rumours have also suggested that the operating system...
  3. Windows 10 market share drops as macOS, Linux record growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 market share drops as macOS, Linux record growth: The market share of Windows 10 declined in April 2020, with Ubuntu, Linux and macOS the top operating systems to benefit from this decline. Windows 7, on the other hand, also declined in the latest report, which makes sense given it no longer receives security patches. While...
  4. Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth: If you have followed the development of the Windows 10 version 1809 and 1903, you know that both versions were plagued by lots of bugs. Microsoft had to pull version 1809 even shortly after release and spend six weeks fixing issues before it released an updated version again...
  5. Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles: The latest market share figures show that Windows 10 has seen a significant uptake in users last month. Windows 10 is taking a commanding lead and Windows 7 keeps going down rapidly. In July 2019 market share report, Windows 10 increased its share from 45.79% to 48.86%,...
  6. Sharing PCs on a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing PCs on a network: I have 2 Windows 10 PCs on the same network. I have shared both, can see both, but when I try to access the other it tells me I am not authorized to access. What has changed?...
  7. Latest market share report shows Windows 10’s growth

in Windows 10 News
    Latest market share report shows Windows 10’s growth: Microsoft has already confirmed that it will stop supporting the decades-old Windows 7 operating system in January 2020. Microsoft has been putting all its efforts to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10 as it apparently offers a more secure and smooth experience....
  8. Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices see growth in competitive tablet market

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices see growth in competitive tablet market: According to research firm Strategy Analytics, Microsoft is seeing growth in the tablet but Apple is regaining market share over its competitors. As always things aren’t looking much better in the tablet business. The tablet market continues to be impacted by a few major...
  9. Windows 7 PCs Can't See Or Talk To Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 PCs Can't See Or Talk To Windows 10 PCs: Hi I am thoroughly confused at present. Before Windows 10 arrived I set up a Workgroup (as opposed to a Homegroup) at home with three Win7 PCs and a WinXP laptop. All PCs could see and talk to all other PCs without requiring a Username and Password. Now that Win10 has...
  10. Futuresource report reveals growth for Windows share in K-12 education

in Windows 10 News
    Futuresource report reveals growth for Windows share in K-12 education: Futuresource’s latest quarterly report shows Windows share grew an additional 6.5 points on devices under $300 – reaching its highest share in four years in this category. [img] We believe that every student deserves an education that unlocks their limitless...