Windows 10: Windows PE Distribution Requirements

Discus and support Windows PE Distribution Requirements in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a simple question that doesn't have a simple answer: I have an application I am developing that I would like to distribute as part of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dynacel, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Dynacel Win User

Windows PE Distribution Requirements

I have a simple question that doesn't have a simple answer:

I have an application I am developing that I would like to distribute as part of a Windows PE ISO.

What do I have to do to be able to post the ISO to my website legally, and does anyone have/know where to find specific legal documentation from Microsoft regarding what I am allowed to do, and how I am allowed to do it?

:)

Dynacel, Mar 12, 2020

2. Install Driver on Windows PE Environment

Hi,

We are trying to install kernel-mode driver to Windows PE, but not able to do so.

We checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Given below are the details of the issue:

Driver Details: SCSIAdapter class filter driver. (SdFilter)

Steps followed:

• Used DISM to edit the Windows PE image offline. (Inset image below)

Windows PE Distribution Requirements 9b0b98a6-84db-4a3f-be54-b5725e2fb121.png

• Manually added the Driver details to the registry. The registry change is visible after reboot
      (inset image below)

Windows PE Distribution Requirements 2c3da2e1-8ef6-4e68-9ba2-c69d1a6add0d.png

• Manually added Service (ServicesActive database) to offline image. The registry change is visible after reboot (inset image below)

Windows PE Distribution Requirements 8130ca1d-e8b0-40b3-8d39-1b5ba1099c6b.png

But we checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Can someone please guide how can we add the driver to the Windows PE environment.

PS: The given filter driver is test signed. So, we suspect that later we will face test signed issue but that will be our second step to debug. Right now, not able to get through the first step.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra

rakendrathapa, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Windows PE Distribution Requirements

distribution lists

What are the Third Party Apps you would suggest? Would they work with Outlook App on an Android?

I'm looking to set up distribution lists on my cell phone.

thinkingal, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows PE Distribution Requirements

1. Windows PE Distribution Requirements - Similar Threads - Distribution Requirements

2. Access is denied while typing the command ren c:/windows/software distribution/software...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access is denied while typing the command ren c:/windows/software distribution/software...: Hi community I am having trouble with installing updates as I type the command mentioned in the subject I get access denied and when i try to delete software distribution folder it shows the file is in use in an another application Pls help. I also cant do defer upgrades...
  3. Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between...: For my work I have a laptop that I sometimes use alone, sometimes sit in a dock to use multiple monitors which are much bigger than my laptop. When I undock, all the open apps are condensed back to the single monitor screen on the laptop. Completely understandable. The...
  4. Can I use SAPI 5.1 David+Zira Voices for commercial purposes such as distributing audiobook...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use SAPI 5.1 David+Zira Voices for commercial purposes such as distributing audiobook...: Can I use SAPI 5.1 David+Zira Voices for commercial purposes such as distributing audio book WAV files with my own mix of unique words? I have use SAPI 5.1 to create political document audio books in WAV format The U.S. Constitution, The Bill Of Rights, and word focused...
  5. This distribution package is damaged | program files may have been corrupted or modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This distribution package is damaged | program files may have been corrupted or modified: hello i've got an error when i want to install a program This distribution package is damaged. but the package dont have problem im tested on another windows 10 pc and dont have any problem and i've got another error when i want to run a program program files may...
  6. Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator??

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator??: Win 10 Pro. 1709. One of the first things I do upon boot is fire up task manager. For the first time that I can recall I now see "Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator" listed in Processes. And I would have noticed it before since it is right under Microsoft Pay which...
  7. Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 supports the installation of a number of distros that come under Windows Subsystem for Linux. But even when these distros are installed users have reported encountering Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions error. Some of the...
  8. Distributed COM errors 10001, 10005, 10010, 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distributed COM errors 10001, 10005, 10010, 10016: I am currently trying to rid my Windows 10 Dell laptop of all errors because it is continuously lagging, and this is one that seems to have surfaced often. I have now ran an offline scan, attempted to install some windows updates, ran a SFC scan (that found some unfixable...
  9. Expand distribution lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand distribution lists in Windows 10: In my previous version of Windows, if I needed to delete a name or two from a distribution list I could hit the little + sign and it would expand the list allowing me to selectively delete names. In Windows 10, the little + sign is gone - how do I do this without having to...
  10. Best Linux distributions which look like Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Best Linux distributions which look like Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Once you have understood the pros and cons while shifting from Windows to Linux and decided in favor of the latter, the tougher part would be adjusting with the new environment. Thankfully, there are a few distributions of Linux which [...] This post Best...