Windows 10: Windows PE - System Error 67 | The Network Name Cannot Be Found

Discus and support Windows PE - System Error 67 | The Network Name Cannot Be Found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Version On Host Machine - 2004 VMWare Network Acronyms Main Router VM (Bridged & Host-Only Virtual LANs) - PFSense Domain Controller VM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edmonddantes182, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Windows PE - System Error 67 | The Network Name Cannot Be Found

Windows Version On Host Machine - 2004

VMWare Network Acronyms

Main Router VM (Bridged & Host-Only Virtual LANs) - PFSense

Domain Controller VM (DC1) [Host-Only LAN] - Windows Server 2016

Windows 10 Imageing Machine (Host-Only LAN) - Win10 VM

Hey everyone! A couple of months ago, as a personal project of mine, I managed to create a Windows Deployment Server virtual machine that could deploy Windows (with Adobe Reader & Notepad++ already installed) on any of my virtual machines that were connected to my virtual network.

Since I really enjoyed that project and the idea of Windows Imaging, a couple of days ago I decided to do another Windows Imaging project, but instead of using WDS, I wanted to try sysprepping an image and than deploying it using ImageX and Windows PE. I managed to sysprep the Windows image and capture the install.wim file on a separate virtual HDD that was on my Windows 10 VM. I than took that same virtual HDD from my W10 VM and attached to my main Domain Controller VM and copied the install.wim file onto a shared folder I have on my DC.

With the .wim file copied to the shared folder, I than booted into WinPE on my WIN10 VM with the intent to map the shared folder and than deploy the install.wim file using ImageX. When I got into WinPE's main screen, I made sure I had a working Internet connection by pinging Google, my virtual router, and my DC by IP Address, which I could do on all three.

I than went to map the shared folder in WinPE by using net use Z: \\dc1"Shared Folder" but I keep getting System Error 67 Has Occurred The Network Name Cannot Be Found. I made sure that the folder was actually shared, which it was. Another weird thing I came across was when I tried pinging my DC by name (ping dc1), I get all four replies, but they're IPv6 replies and not IPv4 replies.

The main issue I'm having is trying to map the network drive to deploy the .wim file

I'm thinking the cause of this issue is a DNS issue, but I'm not exactly sure. If anyone has any advice/tips, that would be fantastic!

:)

edmonddantes182, Sep 19, 2020

2. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Windows PE - System Error 67 | The Network Name Cannot Be Found

Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to change the network name:

1. Press the
    Windows + R keys and type
    secpol.msc, and press Enter.

2. If prompted by
    UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Local Security Policy, click on
    Network List Manager Policies.

4. In the right pane of
    Network List Manager Policies, double click on your current network name.

5. In Network Properties, select
    Name and type the name you prefer.

6. When finished, you can now close Local Security Policy.

7. Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows PE - System Error 67 | The Network Name Cannot Be Found

1. Windows PE - System Error 67 | The Network Name Cannot Be Found - Similar Threads - System Error Network

2. "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...: Getting "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder You do not have permission to access:; In my directory, I can access some folders, both as a user, and most as an administrator. But not all in either. In two folders where I can...
  3. "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...: Getting "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder You do not have permission to access:; In my directory, I can access some folders, both as a user, and most as an administrator. But not all in either. In two folders where I can...
  4. Error - The network name cannot be found. Exception from HRESULT 0x80070043

Error - The network name cannot be found. Exception from HRESULT 0x80070043: Im using a program called Measure Square in Widows 10 on a 2021 MacBook Air through Parallel. I cannot open or save any files because of this error. Can anyone help...
  5. System error 67 has occurred, The network name cannot be found

in Windows 10 News
    System error 67 has occurred, The network name cannot be found: [ATTACH]While attempting to run a Network Discovery scan or when trying to map a network drive from Command Prompt or PowerShell, you may encounter the System error 67 has occurred, The network name cannot be found. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions to this...
  6. Wifi networks cannot be found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi networks cannot be found: idk what's going on with my laptop but I really need your guys help submitted by /u/NUAT1CA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7hmma/wifi_networks_cannot_be_found/
  7. Network Name Not Found-- Error when connecting to shared drives

Network Name Not Found-- Error when connecting to shared drives: Hello, we have a file server that haas a lot of shared drives and they are mapped to the users profile via GPO, but of lately intermittently some users report loosing access to the mapped drive, they get the error "Network Name Not Found" the Connection has not been...
  8. No WiFi Networks Found error

No WiFi Networks Found error: For the past month or so, my PC will periodically disconnect from wifi out of nowhere, and then will say “no wifi networks found.” This might last for 10 minutes and be fixed by restarting the computer, or turning wifi on and off. Or, like tonight, it will be 3 hours with no...
  9. printer cannot be found by the network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46
  10. EventID 10016 - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - name not found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    EventID 10016 - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - name not found: Hi all! This is the problem I am facing: Code: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the...