Windows 10: Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292

Discus and support Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I start WPA, it opens and immediately closes. Reliability monitor has this: Code: Source Windows Performance Analyzer Summary Stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ztruker, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292

When I start WPA, it opens and immediately closes.

Reliability monitor has this:

Code: Source Windows Performance Analyzer Summary Stopped working Date ‎1/‎26/‎2019 1:47 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\wpa.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: wpa.exe Problem Signature 02: 10.0.17763.132 Problem Signature 03: a9524a13 Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Performance.Base Problem Signature 05: 10.0.17763.132 Problem Signature 06: d0f1697f Problem Signature 07: 706 Problem Signature 08: 10 Problem Signature 09: System.AggregateException OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 2bdb Additional Information 2: 2bdbe734b6b604201cdf2eac14ff190d Additional Information 3: 0308 Additional Information 4: 03085e93bebfef18f191f1468f70c21f Extra information about the problem Bucket ID: 41622452401fdd41e27323b1d8db7581 (1329445561758872961)[/quote] Event Viewer has these:

Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292 [​IMG]

Code: Faulting application name: wpa.exe, version: 10.0.17763.132, time stamp: 0xa9524a13 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292, time stamp: 0xb51bba8e Exception code: 0xe0434352 Fault offset: 0x0000000000055549 Faulting process id: 0x2048 Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b5a810b6ce64 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\wpa.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: d207d81b-e394-4f0c-8377-c96c60eed445 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:[/quote]

Code: Application: wpa.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.ServiceNotFoundException at Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.WpaServiceProviderExtensions.GetService(Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.IWpaServiceProvider, System.Type) at Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.WpaServiceProviderExtensions.GetService[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.IWpaServiceProvider) at Microsoft.Performance.Shell.WpaMainWindow.OnApplicationServicesAvailable() at Microsoft.Performance.Shell.WpaApplication.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs) at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at Microsoft.Performance.Shell.WpaController+<>c__DisplayClass16_1.<.ctor>b__2() Exception Info: System.AggregateException at Microsoft.Performance.Shell.WpaController+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<.ctor>b__0() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() Exception Info: System.AggregateException at Microsoft.Performance.Shell.WpaController.<.ctor>b__16_1(System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1<Int32>) at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() Exception Info: System.AggregateException at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken) at Microsoft.Performance.Analyzer.Program.Main(System.String[])[/quote]

I'm going to give DISM and SFC a go and see if that helps. Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

Ztruker, Jan 26, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

Windows Performance Analyzer error

We made some progress.... Only 1M lost this time, with only GeneralProfile

ddelo, Jan 26, 2019
  3. ddelo Win User
    Windows Performance Analyzer error

I've been trying to run Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze a trace to resolve slow boots.
    The version of the ADK I used to install the Windows Performance Toolkit is the latest one, for Windows 10 1803, as I'm currently on 17134.81.

After running the Windows Performance Recorder, with the command:

Code:
    Code:
    "%programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\wpr.exe" -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -filemode -recordTempTo %userprofile% -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath C:\WPR -numiterations 1
    the ETL file is created normally, with no lost events or buffers.

The reason for using the command prompt to start WPR is because a few times, that I run it from the GUI, I got the error that "The trace has dropped events. Please record this trace again". So to avoid that inconsistency I stick to the command prompt.

When trying to open the created ETL with WPA, I always get an error that events (more than a million of them) are lost.

The GeneralProfile that I use (the built-in one), has the following settings:

Collector Name : WPR_initiated_WprApp_WPR System Collector
    Buffer Size (KB) : 1024
    Number of Buffers : 405

Collector Name : WPR_initiated_WprApp_WPR Event Collector
    Buffer Size (KB) : 1024
    Number of Buffers : 81

According to the error message, I should increase the number of buffers, as the Buffer Size I think is at the max. of 1024 KB.

How can this be done? Any suggestion for resolving this problem is welcome!

ddelo, Jan 26, 2019
  4. ecast Win User

W10 Anniversary X64 Update - Unable to connect to Internet and WPA

Hi,

Actually, my tablet runs W10 Home x64 ; my Network adapter is

Realtek RTL8723BS

version 3008.28.201.2016

date 3/11/2016

signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware compatibility Publisher

No need to say that my WIFI connection works smoothly with this setup.

After updating to W10 Anniversary x64, my WIFI connection is secured, No Internet. I see every WIFI connections around me .

I guess it was a driver issue so I uninstall WIFI driver (I don't remember what is was) and then reinstall Realtek RTL8723BS x64 driver 3008.28.201.2016 ; I choose to execute Setup.exe provided with this driver to have a full new setup.

As before, I see every WIFI connections around me so I guess that WIFI hardware works perfectly.

Executing Setup.exe seems to reset everything.

Now then,

W10 anniversary asks my WPA key to establish my WIFI connection.

And it keeps asking my WPA keys even after more than 10x careful attempts pretending erroneous key.

On some attempt, I've been asked if I want my tablet to be discoverable which I deny.

With W10 ann. default driver, my WIFI connection was "Secured, No Internet".

With 3008.28.201.2016 driver, I couldn't establish any connection to my WIFI router.

Fun part is that if I roll back to previous W10 Home X64, my tablet connects to Internet using a secured connection to my WIFI router. Even after uninstalling WIFI driver and setup.exe driver 3008.28.201.2016, then providing my WPA key (accepted on first
    attempt), my WIFI connection is secured and I have access to the Internet.

I already install W10 Anniversary X64 Update and then roll back to W10 x64 twice.

Next update attempt with neither WPA nor WEP settings on my WIFI router.

*****************************************EDIT******************************************************

After third attempt

It's clearly not a WIFI router problem as I successfully connect with my Lumia and other devices.

Unsecured, WPA connection or WEP connection doesn't change anything ; still unable to have Internet access. Either "No Internet, open" or "Secured, no internet".

I investigate a little more and find that Bluetooth device has same problem ; infinite loop on connection.

Roll back again to W10 Home x64.

After playing a lot with WIFI driver, I successfully mess up with my tablet ... neither Internet access anymore nor Bluetooth device on W10 Home x64. NICE.

FINAL WORDS

It's not an hardware issue as I could browse any website smoothly under dual boot android system. Now I have to figure out how I could reverse to a fully functional W10 x64 system.

*****************************************EDIT******************************************************

FIY: roll back dialog box doesn't play well with virtual keyboard on tablet ; simply can't use it to type 'other reason' why I roll back.

Regards,

ecast, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292 - Similar Threads - Performance Analyzer WPA

2. Windows Performance Analyzer question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Performance Analyzer question: This morning I downloaded and Microsoft immediately installed "Windows Performance Analyzer" on my laptop to see how well my system is behaving on startup. The problem is that I do not know how to use it. Something produces ETFs that the analyzer reports on, but I don't know...
  3. Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer: I'm trying to figure out why one of my computers is snappier than the other when they both have virtually identical hardware. These two Windows performance tools seem like a good way to go, but they present the user with a daunting quantity of data. I'm starting with...
  4. W10 Pro x64 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  5. Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?: My Dell desktop PC is intermittently slow -- especially waking up from sleep. I've checked everything I can think of, but found no obvious culprit. I just used Windows Performance Recorder to generate an ETL file, and I loaded it up in Windows Performance Analyzer, and it...
  6. Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this fast-paced world, delays as small as a second can impact business metrics. So, a thorough analysis of performance characteristics likely causing these delays is essential. Windows Performance Analyzer offers valuable information in this regard. The...
  7. Windows Performance Analyzer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Performance Analyzer error: I've been trying to run Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze a trace to resolve slow boots. The version of the ADK I used to install the Windows Performance Toolkit is the latest one, for Windows 10 1803, as I'm currently on 17134.81. After running the Windows...
  8. pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64: For some reason PdaNet is causing a BSOD when the process crashes. When I go to end the process in Task Manager, it causes a BSOD. :/ 97602
  9. W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses: Good Afternoon All, My company is looking at migrating to W10 from W7. I spent a lot of time on my workstation cleaning off the consumer oriented junk, and closing all the nefarious spyware/telemetry. I signed up for the W10 Enterprise edition trial and threw it in a VM,...
  10. Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 News
    Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit: Slow pages lose users: research from Bing and Google indicates that delays as small as half a second can impact business metrics. To build fast sites, developers need powerful tools to analyze the performance of their sites and debug issues. In-browser tools like the F12...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Exception Info: Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.ServiceNotFoundException

2. Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.ServiceNotFoundException

3. wpa.exe does not run

4. performance.addins.servicenotfoundexception,
  5. 0x0000000000055549,
  6. wpa Exception Info: Microsoft.Performance.AddIns.ServiceNotFoundException