Windows 10: Windows Performance Logger making large log files at random

Discus and support Windows Performance Logger making large log files at random in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; And then hiding them from me. Every once in a while for the past few months, a process called Windows Performance Logger (or Monitor) will appear and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FoxInTime, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows Performance Logger making large log files at random

And then hiding them from me. Every once in a while for the past few months, a process called Windows Performance Logger (or Monitor) will appear and start hogging disk usage, while gradually filling C:/. I can kill the process just fine, but I can't find a shred of information about it anywhere. And alongside that, I can't find the log files anywhere either, so I have a large file on my already limited C:\ drive that Windows has buried.

Anyone have a way of stopping this performance logger from ever opening, or even where the log file is so I can delete it when it happens? It's getting ridiculous at this point.

submitted by /u/FoxInTime
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FoxInTime, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Looking for IIS real time TCP viewer, Logger

Can anyone suggest a free real time TCP viewer-logger?

Later edit:
    Currently I have TCP view from microsoft. It would be nice if it was sort of the same thing with the IIS log files, mail, and ftp ports, etc. along with some parsing.

greenhouse, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Windows Performance Logger making large log files at random

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Performance Logger making large log files at random

1. Windows Performance Logger making large log files at random - Similar Threads - Performance Logger making

2. Windows 11 2022 Update: performance issue when Copying large files

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 2022 Update: performance issue when Copying large files: Microsoft confirmed a new issue that is affecting machines that run the company's newest operating system, Windows 11 2022 Update. [ATTACH] The issue has not been added to the list of known issues on the Windows 11 Version 22H2 release health website yet, but it has been...
  3. Large log files in Temp folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Large log files in Temp folder.: My Laptop is creating very large log files in 'C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Temp'. How can I stop creating these log files?This is a snap shot of the temp folder....
  4. Large log files in Temp folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large log files in Temp folder.: My Laptop is creating very large log files in 'C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Temp'. How can I stop creating these log files?This is a snap shot of the temp folder....
  5. Large log files in Temp folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Large windows files.

Large windows files.: I am new here and have a slight storage problem. Within my program files I have a windows apps file which I cannot access. within this is MSIXVC which is 102 gb and Microsoft.624F8B84D80_3.417.812.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe. within the latter file there is a media folder which is...
  7. Large windows files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large windows files.: I am new here and have a slight storage problem. Within my program files I have a windows apps file which I cannot access. within this is MSIXVC which is 102 gb and Microsoft.624F8B84D80_3.417.812.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe. within the latter file there is a media folder which is...
  8. Large windows files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer

make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer: Hello, I would like to make Large Icon the default view mode in Windows 10 File Explorer. And I have tried these steps: 1 Open File Explorer 2 Open a folder and on the Home Tab, in the Layout section, choose Large Icons or whatever is your preferred view 3 Then click the...
  10. Poor performance reading large data files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor performance reading large data files: I have a program that I usually run on a Win7 PC but occasionally run on a Win10 PC. The program reads about 2.1GB of data into storage from an SSD drive. On my Win7 system this read takes about 26 seconds. On the Win10 system it takes 4 minutes. The two PCs have...