Windows 10: Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run

Discus and support Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI Everyone,I'm experiencing an issue when using the Windows Performance Recorder tool. I get the following error via the GUI or Command Prompt:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mister.Balls, May 5, 2021.

1. Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run

HI Everyone,I'm experiencing an issue when using the Windows Performance Recorder tool. I get the following error via the GUI or Command Prompt: Failed to enable the policy to profile system performance. Profile Id: GeneralProfile.Verbose.Memory, Network.Verbose.Memory Error code: 0xc5585011 Failed to enable the policy to profile system performance.I cant find any info on this whatsoever. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 and I do

:)

Mister.Balls, May 5, 2021
  2. philc43 Win User

BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Hello and welcome to TenForums Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run :)

The log files that you provided only show one crash dump file so there is not a lot of information to go on. Furthermore the bugcheck code is not one I have ever seen before!

The stack recorded in the dump includes some references to storage and the analysis suggests memory corruption and so with nothing else to go on I would suggest that you do a check on the hard disk and RAM. This maybe the same as you have already run but it would be good to see the results.

Try CHKDSK
    using option 3
    Then

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Similarly with a memory test it would be good to post the results after you have run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes

You indicated that many more crashes have occurred, however, they are not being recorded. Please make sure that your system is setup to record crash dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

If the BSOD errors are all different it does tend to suggest a hardware problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

philc43, May 5, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 5, 2021
  4. Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run

Windows Performance Recorder for Windows 10

One of those links is not for the Windows performance recorder intended for diagnostics reports but for intended for Windows 8.1 while it might still be good on 10. Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1 Update

I think you will find that you found a Windows 8.1 update that can be used on 7 as well as 8, 8.1, and 10 there.

I'm giving this one a good look while it is listed for 10 as well as for use with the previous versions.. It's included with several tools including the one I didn't check off being for SQL server application you generally would leave for the IT tech not intended for the home pc unless having a Windows home server type set up.

This was developed primarily for people to post logs for diagnostic purposes at the MS community site however. If you were running Insider Builds you would want to have something like this onhand for debugging as well as evaluation purposes. It won't be a quickie tool however since it will tend to be a little more involved since it provides a lot of details. So read up on it! Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run :)

Night Hawk, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run

1. Windows Performance Recorder - Error code: 0xc5585011 - tool will not run - Similar Threads - Performance Recorder Error

2. Recording error code 82323619

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording error code 82323619: What does this error code mean when I start screen recording.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-error-code-82323619/d3c40032-148d-44e4-aaaf-9e22afb09552
  3. windows performance recorder wont start recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows performance recorder wont start recording: it gives me an error saying "the requested resource is in use. Profile id: GeneralProfile.Verbose.Memory. error code: 0x800700aa the requested resource is in use."...
  4. windows performance recorder wont start recording

windows performance recorder wont start recording: it gives me an error saying "the requested resource is in use. Profile id: GeneralProfile.Verbose.Memory. error code: 0x800700aa the requested resource is in use."...
  5. windows performance recorder error code:0x80050001.Unsupported power transition for OnOff...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows performance recorder error code:0x80050001.Unsupported power transition for OnOff...: windows performance recorder error code:0x80050001.Unsupported power transition for OnOff tracing.WPRUI.exewin11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-performance-recorder-error/6785d8f2-df21-4e6e-90ff-2d698d807646
  6. windows performance recorder error code:0x80050001.Unsupported power transition for OnOff...

windows performance recorder error code:0x80050001.Unsupported power transition for OnOff...: windows performance recorder error code:0x80050001.Unsupported power transition for OnOff tracing.WPRUI.exewin11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-performance-recorder-error/6785d8f2-df21-4e6e-90ff-2d698d807646
  7. "There was a problem running this tool" Windows 10 installation failed, Error Code:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "There was a problem running this tool" Windows 10 installation failed, Error Code:...: Hi Microsoft! My Windows 10 "file" disappeared suddenly, and I'm trying to put it back by installing your ISO file. While I was waiting for the installation, something popped up and said:There was a problem running this tool If you continue experiencing problems, reference...
  8. windows performance recorder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows performance recorder: how do i record the high dpc latency from the windows performance recorder.I am encountering audio cracking/popping accompanied with fps drops in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-performance-recorder/c08a00b7-dbb9-40a3-95db-761185420741
  9. Windows Performance Recorder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Performance Recorder: Windows 10 with latest updates. Trying to install Windows Performance Recorder from the SDK toolkit. First the install failed because .NET 4.6.3 was not installed so installed 4.6.2 was all I could find. Now the install is failing. Log file says Failed to verify hash of...
  10. Windows performance recorder will not install

Windows performance recorder will not install: When trying to install the Windows performance recorder from the sdk for windows 10, once I get to the windows kits privacy page and click next, nothing happens, or rather, the whole install box disappears. I'm running it as admin. It;s from here; Windows performance recorder...