Windows 10: Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

Discus and support Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I've never posted before, but wasn't sure where to go next. Corsair isn't really helping on their customer support, but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcosmos, May 2, 2019.

1. tcosmos Win User

Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

Hey everyone,

So I've never posted before, but wasn't sure where to go next. Corsair isn't really helping on their customer support, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of this none the less.

The short story is, I got a new keyboard as a gift (Corsair), but I'm running fairly old hardware. I installed iCUE (I know, it's pretty bad) for the driver/software support and it was working fine for about a month until the update at the end of February. After installing the update, it bumped the "Active Time" on my SSD to 100%. After some troubleshooting, it is directly correlated (both after install or during the install of iCUE) to when the "Corsair Service" starts up. I see it, I've identified it, and I wan't to know what it's doing. It was a long road to get to this point.

The chicken and egg problem is, when I start the toolkit and hit save when the bug occurs, it's already too late and the Corsair service has borked my machine. Literally at 100% active disk time, idle CPU, low memory use. The toolkit can't save the recording of the IO because the machine is unresponsive.

I'm trying to figure out how I can see what this service is doing. I've even tried during the install stopping the service right when it starts, but it's too late, the active disk is a giant green square in the activity monitor and the machine needs a reboot. Even the HDD light is solid red.

If anyone has any way for me to limit the amount of resources the service can take (even before it exists on the machine), that might help. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Anything would help at this point, thanks!

:)

tcosmos, May 2, 2019

2. How to use Windows Performance Toolkit to analyze slow startups

Hello,

I just installed the Microsoft Performance Toolkit for Windows 10 because I have a very slow startup and I wish to analyze it to understand which service/app/process is responsible for that. However I ma not
    sure how to use it. My understand is that I have to start a trace by WPR, reboot, stop the trace, and use the analysis tool (WPA) to get trace data in a graph format.

Can anybody, please, publish step-by-step instructions to do that? I tried to use the Event Manager to troubleshoot the startup but it is not easy to understand if an error originated other errors or is originated
    by another error. Not all errors have to be fixed. Sometimes, fixing an error, remove all the errors it originated. So I would like to have a look at startup to understand if some process is responsible for time delays.

Thank you in advance.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

donnieclark11, May 2, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 2, 2019
  4. Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

IE 11 11.0.14393.1715 after recent update crashes. I have a crash dump.

I have taken the steps you listed previously along with any other "fix" I could find. The browser still fails.

Can I upload the crash dump somewhere so someone with Windows expertise can take a look?

ScottTinsley, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

1. Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash - Similar Threads - Performance Toolkit dump

2. Windows Randomly Crashes and Asks me to perform a memory dump - Is Valorant the Culprit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Randomly Crashes and Asks me to perform a memory dump - Is Valorant the Culprit?: Hello,Seemingly at random times as I am getting school work done on my pc using Canvas on Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word I find that my PC randomly crashes. I noticed that it usually happens if I had opened Riot Client. Windows asks me to perform a memory dump....
  3. Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Performance Toolkit: Hi there,i have a problem trying to create a log file using the Windows Performance Tool kit and gpuview.I've been havins some erratic behaviour with regard to my GPU 1080Ti clock speed and my work programs Autodesk Revit & AutodcadBasically the card has been upclocking to...
  4. Windows is crashing with the Bluescreen. I have the dump file that was saved just before...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is crashing with the Bluescreen. I have the dump file that was saved just before...: Windows is crashing with the Bluescreen. I have the dump file that was saved just before the crash. Please help me with what i should do. Thanks you....
  5. Crash Dump

Crash Dump: Hi guys, It's been a couple of times that this happened and I already updated all my drives one by one. Is there anyone who can help here? Thank you, crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030721-20250-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module:...
  6. Crash Dump

Crash Dump: I always crash when i try to use avast's sandbox,please help me!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and also i got the dump of crash but i dont know how to upload... please help me!!!!!!!...
  7. System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump: I am trying to diagnose this issue I've been having the past few weeks, it happens randomly. I've not had a crash in weeks yet today I had two. My PC will lock up before rebooting itself it does not BSOD nor does it create a crash dump. I made sure my computer was set to...
  8. Windows Performance Toolkit. How to run xbootmgr with time limitations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Performance Toolkit. How to run xbootmgr with time limitations: Trying to troubleshoot a reboot that never completes and am running the following command from WPT xbootmgr -trace shutdown -traceFlags BASE+DIAG+LATENCY -noPrepReboot The etl file is generated but since the reboot never completes it comes out corrupted at least xperf is...
  9. Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10: How to: Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 How to Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 Included in the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit, the Windows Performance Toolkit consists of performance monitoring tools...
  10. Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 News
    Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit: Slow pages lose users: research from Bing and Google indicates that delays as small as half a second can impact business metrics. To build fast sites, developers need powerful tools to analyze the performance of their sites and debug issues. In-browser tools like the F12...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbootmgr