Windows 10: Windows Permissions and UAC

Discus and support Windows Permissions and UAC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using Windows again after a long time using Linux. I've been told that apparently Linux is "more secure" because of the requirement of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by curious_windows_user, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Windows Permissions and UAC

Hello, I'm using Windows again after a long time using Linux. I've been told that apparently Linux is "more secure" because of the requirement of a root password to gain elevated privileges. I wanted to understand does Windows not have this in place? I know that by default, Windows gives you an administrator-level account, but I do notice pop-ups asking me if I want elevated privileges. So I would think that the security is more or less the same. Would malware be able to bypass this popup if it was running in the background? Also any other security tips is much appreciated!

:)

curious_windows_user, Oct 7, 2022

2. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Windows Permissions and UAC

Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows Permissions and UAC

1. Windows Permissions and UAC - Similar Threads - Permissions UAC

2. UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar: I don't remember the last time it showed up asking if I want to give permission to an app without me having to click the icon on my taskbar first. For instance, every time I go to install an nvidia driver, it doesn't even begin until I remember to click the UAC shield icon...
  3. UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC app permission popup stays in my taskbar: I don't remember the last time it showed up asking if I want to give permission to an app without me having to click the icon on my taskbar first. For instance, every time I go to install an nvidia driver, it doesn't even begin until I remember to click the UAC shield icon...
  4. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.: Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated....
  5. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.: Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated....
  6. Windows Permissions and UAC

Windows Permissions and UAC: Hello, I'm using Windows again after a long time using Linux. I've been told that apparently Linux is "more secure" because of the requirement of a root password to gain elevated privileges. I wanted to understand does Windows not have this in place? I know that by default,...
  7. Google Chrome requires UAC permissions Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome requires UAC permissions Windows 11: This question relates to using Google Chrome as a browser on Windows 11.Chrome is installed just fine as a browser. It is set as my default browser.Every time Chrome starts or is invoked by clicking on a web link, I get a request for a UAC permission. To be clear, I do not...
  8. Google Chrome requires UAC permissions Windows 11

Google Chrome requires UAC permissions Windows 11: This question relates to using Google Chrome as a browser on Windows 11.Chrome is installed just fine as a browser. It is set as my default browser.Every time Chrome starts or is invoked by clicking on a web link, I get a request for a UAC permission. To be clear, I do not...
  9. Unable to access 'Advanced system settings' without granting UAC permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access 'Advanced system settings' without granting UAC permission: Firstly, I have accessed this quite a few times, and I've never been asked for this permission before. Also, the UAC request mentions that systempropertiesadvanced.exe is from 'Publisher: Unknown'. Why does a system application have publisher as 'Unknown'? Is it safe to grant...
  10. UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...: I disabled UAC, so why am I STILL being denied access on MY machine?!??! What would it take to STOP being denied access on MY machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-disabled-why-am-i-still-receiving-you-need/46a162b2-5f3d-404c-affa-fb8fe0751141"