Windows 10: Windows phone 10 preview stability

Discus and support Windows phone 10 preview stability in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running 8.1 on a Lumia 1520. I'm thinking of toying around with WP10 preview. Did a forum search and found a few threads. In reading them it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony K, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Tony K Win User

Windows phone 10 preview stability

Running 8.1 on a Lumia 1520. I'm thinking of toying around with WP10 preview. Did a forum search and found a few threads. In reading them it didn't seem to be too stable as, of April anyway. I know there's risk, but has it got any better?

:)

Tony K, Jun 6, 2015
  2. Launchpad Win User

After win 8.1 upgrade my 8XT keeps rebooting.

I have managed to update to the 8.1 preview, but after doing so, the stability of my 8XT has gone downhill.

My phone keeps going into a constant reboot loop every 15 minutes or so ( haven't timed it exactly). I have performed a Phone reset to the beginning of Win 8.1 preview and the reboot loop keeps happening.

How can I figure out what is causing this and fix it so I can have the stability of my phone back?

Sprint is my carrier and the update was performed today.

Model: HTC HTCP0881

carrier: Sprint

Software: windows phone 8.1

OS Version: 8.10.12359.845

Firmware: 3030.00.21501.651

Hardware: 0002

Radio software: 0.40.50.0830

radio hardware: 2.0.403.0

Bootloader: 0.0.3030.00(176324)

Launchpad, Jun 6, 2015
  3. Upgrade Advisor says that Windows 10 is unavailable for my Lumia 735

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware that devices running the Insider Preview need not do anything to receive the latest updates. However, my phone is still running Windows Phone 8.1 (I have installed the Insider Preview only on my old phone), and
    I have waited patiently for Windows 10 mobile to be officially released by Microsoft in order to avoid any possible warranty/protection plan/stability issues on my current phone. So, is there anything to be done to make my phone eligible for the upgrade?
    Or are you implying that I shouldn't bother waiting for the update to come to my phone (since Verizon delayed it by at least 18 months the last time- at which point I ultimately voided my protection plan and forced it to update using the Preview for Developers),
    and should simply forgo the frustration by installing the Insider Preview app to receive the update?

Jonathanok100, Jun 6, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

well I had to roll back to windows 8, its simply too buggy for my use (its my work phone)
    - you cant shut down programs but manually
    - camera / photos section is slow as hell
    - quite a few options you cant select cause the system doesnt open settings / apps up or shuts them down once started
    - slow slow slow slow slow tile UI, bugs out once in awhile
    - problems with touch disappearing once in a while (most of the times needs reboot)
    - problems with using PIN code -> touch not working
    - slow slow slow slow camera with no auto-focus working correctly (Lumias own)
    - random crashes
    - batterylife is maximum of 4, maybe 6hours
    - background battery configuration issues, overheating problems
    - etc etc

all of these mentioned problems with Lumia 820 and 920. These tests were done with 10088 mostly (few weeks in time, 8hours+ usage time so i actually put some effort to it)

batlhilz, Jun 7, 2015
  5. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for all that, batlhilz. That's quite a lot!

This is a phone I use for business as well, so until I hear it's stable I'll have to steer clear.

Tony K, Jun 7, 2015
  6. z3r010 Win User
    I bought a Windows phone to play with the test builds but I liked it that much and everything I read suggested that the current builds were really buggy, I decided to leave it as 8.1 and wait until final.

z3r010, Jun 7, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for that, John. I'll wait.

Tony K, Jun 7, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

I tried it once too. It's working but some of my stuff went missing. Restored back to Denim.

badrobot, Jun 7, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Thanks br. That seems to be the general consensus.

Tony K, Jun 7, 2015
  10. batlhilz Win User
    *update*

installed back 10080 like less than week ago, buggy stuff. however! leaked secret, new build is coming on today/tomorrow! <paidcommercial> Stay tuned on this tenforums.com channel to receive the first impressions before installing! </paidcommercial>

*Wink

batlhilz, Jun 10, 2015
  11. batlhilz Win User
    2hours ago @gabeaul tweeted: "@yehiahassan89 10136 is in the OSG Slow ring now. We'll need 2-3 days with it there before we can make a call on it going out."

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

batlhilz, Jun 10, 2015
  12. Hello all,
    I've just tried the preview version on my Lumia 625, rather disappointed.
    The initial install took over an hour and I left it overnight on a 'loading scree' screen, still loading this morning.
    Phone was unusable so I've had to revert to 8.1, what an annoyance.
    Think I'll wait for the Customer release.

Incidently, and the reason I tried the phone upgrade, I updated the PC to Win 10 , build 1030 and apart from initial sluggishness , which a couple of restarts cured, I'm impressed, very pleased.

Peter

pdunderhill, Jun 10, 2015
  13. Tony K Win User

Thanks, guys. *Thumbs

I think I see what's going on, although it's speculation on my part. They closed the phone/mobile coding department a while back and combined it with full OS coding since it's now a "universal device" OS so far as the kernel. They must have more coders on the "desktop" version to get it ready for release. Once finished they'll place more on the mobile team to get it released. After all, 8.1 Denim runs absolutely great. It's absolutely critical they get the Desktop version out first.

Too bad they had to take a step back and develop a "desktop oriented" OS again since 8 was critically slammed and not excepted well. The idea and development of Continuum is key there also.

I guess we'll have to wait. Remember, this is all speculation on my part.

Tony K, Jun 10, 2015
  14. batlhilz Win User
    everyone with the windows 10 mobile should roll back to a windows 8.1 as there will be no 10136 for you as long you keep using 10080 on phones!

Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul 15h15 hours ago @yuzhiqiangorg They won't need to switch. We'd only offer the build to 8.1 phones. Anyone on 10080 will just see no new build available

batlhilz, Jun 15, 2015
  15. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for the info, batlhilz. *Thumbs

Tony K, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows phone 10 preview stability - Similar Threads - phone preview stability

2. WIN 10 Pro Stability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN 10 Pro Stability: Hello, I am concerned about the Stability of my current System, in two areas.Firstly I have Defender as my Anti Virus Protection and MalwareBytes Premium for Malware - this has always been a sound combination.BUT, over the last two months, due to system instability, I have...
  3. WIN 10 Pro Stability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10 Pro Stability: Hello, I am concerned about the Stability of my current System, in two areas.Firstly I have Defender as my Anti Virus Protection and MalwareBytes Premium for Malware - this has always been a sound combination.BUT, over the last two months, due to system instability, I have...
  4. Windos 10 - Taskbar stability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windos 10 - Taskbar stability: I use the taskbar instead of the desktop to manage my programs and applicatons:- I've increased the height of it.- I've created on it several symbolbars containing control buttons for them.- I've disposed them in a practical way on the task bar.- I've then fixed the task...
  5. Windos 10 - Taskbar stability

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windos 10 - Taskbar stability: I use the taskbar instead of the desktop to manage my programs and applicatons:- I've increased the height of it.- I've created on it several symbolbars containing control buttons for them.- I've disposed them in a practical way on the task bar.- I've then fixed the task...
  6. Windows 11 stability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stability: I where wandering if windows 11 is stable enough to run heavy games on already without them crashing, because I'm planning to do a upgrade but I want enough proof that my games won't crash on it...
  7. Windows 11 stability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stability: I where wandering if windows 11 is stable enough to run heavy games on already without them crashing, because I'm planning to do a upgrade but I want enough proof that my games won't crash on it...
  8. Stability

Stability: What is the most stable version of Windows 10 to run without any problems?! It's overwhelming that the latest version has problems such as slow boot time and suspending processes automatically without the possibility to resume it. I'm running on 20H2....
  9. windows and application stability

windows and application stability: Why does windows become unstable when you leave applications opened all the time? Is there something that can be done? In my experience, I've learned to close everything daily, resulting in snappy-fast responses the following day. I very much dislike, arriving to a...
  10. fix stability Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fix stability Windows 10: Please help with fixing stability issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fix-stability-windows-10/fea54fe1-dd00-4c60-9dd7-aba0e67597a9