Windows 10: Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview coming in Jan 2015

Discus and support Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview coming in Jan 2015 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has scheduled an event on September 30th where the technology giant is said to launch the next big version of Windows for Desktop, code named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview coming in Jan 2015

Read more...

:)

Brink, Sep 15, 2014

2. Windows phone 9

i received WP Blog that windows phone 9 is coming soon. We don't have full updates of Cortona yet of wp 8.1 till now. is it that MS is just trying to capture its customers from current iPhone 6 and +???

nyway, i'm excited, when its developer preview will appear?

LUMIA-1525, Sep 15, 2014
  3. Lumia 920 not updating

According to Windows Phone support agent, there is no bug with Developers preview users on 920 or any other Lumia. You just need to uncheck **** on your phone.

So, it may be matter of waiting (days/weeks/months??)..frustrating process!

Snippet from the Chat!

Ricardo D.: at 9:42:26

Basically to get the Cyan update once you have the Developers Preview, you need to not use it so you can get the notification. Please open the Dev. preview App, and unselect the option

Ricardo D.: at 9:42:41

This doesn't mean that you will receive the update straight after ok?

****: at 9:44:11

I did that already

Ricardo D.: at 9:45:41

ok

Ricardo D.: at 9:45:48

so it is just a matter of time ****

****: at 9:45:14

are you sure Ricardo?

Ricardo D.: at 9:46:29

Yes, you are not the first costumer asking Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview coming in Jan 2015 :)

DP BHOGADI, Sep 15, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

I hope my 1520's hardware will be able to handle it.

badrobot, Sep 15, 2014
  5. Tony K Win User
    Yes, very cool!

The way they've been slimming things down our 1520s should handle them. *Wink

Thanks for posting that, Shawn. *Smile

Tony K, Sep 16, 2014
  6. Split-screen multitasking? ('o')

Gosh, it's so strange to watch Windows Phone grow from a baby to a full fledged split-screen multitasking mobile platform. Wow.

I find that Windows Phone 9 will the first actual release that does get attention. If they continue to push forward on the low end of things, that's what will happen. No more of this nonsense of pushing from the top down especially in the US where that space is very limited. It's best to attack the vast majority of what's not running Windows Phone: low end to midrange android handsets.

Coke Robot, Sep 16, 2014
  7. From what I was reading earlier, all phones that will run WP8 will be able to run 9, the only issue is some of them wont get all the features due to hardware limitations

not sure if this is correct, but would be nice if all current phones will run it

paulsalter, Sep 16, 2014
  8. Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview coming in Jan 2015

All the Windows Phone 8.X crop are based off the Windows NT kernel unlike 7.XX's CE kernel, which meant they weren't capable of running NT like typical Windows has for decades. They'll be able to run 9 just fine. *Smile

Let me just say this, it's quite impressive how Microsoft is able to develop a mobile platform and push out all of these updates to reach at least now a couple dozen different target handsets from HTC or formerly Nokia or Alcatel and so forth and everything works just right. Granted, a few users slip through, but the vast majority running Windows Phone on a Nokia Lumia 520 have the same experience as an HTC One M8 that was originally built for android and everything works just fine.

Look at apple, they only have at most five very similar but slightly different versions of the iphone they are able to get ios 8 to run on. A four year old phone even still by today's standards is quite decent runs like a dying dog with it. Meanwhile that Lumia 520 user can run Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and soon to be 9 just the same as anyone else with a higher end handset.

Power of good software right there!

Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview coming in Jan 2015 - Similar Threads - Phone Developer Preview

2. The development of TPFanControl ended in 2015??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The development of TPFanControl ended in 2015??: Over at r/lenovo this application is still used by quite a few but I was wondering what if any alternatives you might suggest for free apps that are still being developed or is TPFanControl still the best option out there in particular for say the Lenovo Thinkpad e480 i5...
  3. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18312 (19H1) - Jan. 9

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18312 (19H1) - Jan. 9: Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 (19H1) to Fast ring. REMINDER: As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If this makes you uncomfortable, you may want...
  4. Windows 9 preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 preview: Hello Is there going to be a windows 9 public preview this fall? Thanks Tyler 1664
  5. Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers: Skype brings together hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. The amazing connection that Skype brings to so many people inspired us to think about the next platform shift, to conversation as a platform. Today we are introducing Skype Bots—a new way to...
  6. Creating Developer Opportunity with Windows Store in 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Creating Developer Opportunity with Windows Store in 2015: As we all turn our attention to the year ahead I thought I’d take this opportunity to say thank you and share some insight into our plans for building on a very successful 2014. We began the year with a commitment to create opportunities for developers with Windows Store. We...
  7. Windows Phone 10 Technical Preview to arrive in 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Phone 10 Technical Preview to arrive in 2015: Loving the Windows 10 Technical Preview on your computer? Would you like to try it on your phone? Well, that won’t be happening soon. As we had heard before, Microsoft isn’t going to release an ARM-supported Windows 10 Technical Preview until next year, Windows Phone Chief...
  8. Windows 9 will come with Windows Phone 8.1’s Storage Sense

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 will come with Windows Phone 8.1’s Storage Sense: Just a few days ago, WinFuture published two videos and few screenshot of Windows 9 Technical Preview. The videos showed off the start menu and multiple-desktop feature on Windows 9. However, we have noticed that there is also a new option on the Settings section on Windows,...
  9. Windows 9 to Merge Windows, Windows Phone Development Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Merge Windows, Windows Phone Development Mobile: According to a number of media reports that have emerged lately, Redmond is currently working on what could be a mix of the existing Windows Store and the Windows Phone Store, thus trying to address the lack of apps on the existing platforms. It turns out however that...
  10. Registration for Build 2015 opens Jan. 22

in Windows 10 News
    Registration for Build 2015 opens Jan. 22: Microsoft will enable developers to do some amazing things in 2015. Our shift to a mobile-first, cloud-first company is in full swing. You can already see a new developer opportunity emerging from the changes we’ve announced for Windows, Azure and our developer tools,...