Windows 10: Windows Phone app stopped working

Discus and support Windows Phone app stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I wanted to send some texts and since I was in front of my computer screen and my phone was chilling on the bed, I wanted to launch Windows phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by binks, Apr 1, 2020.

1. binks Win User

Windows Phone app stopped working

Today I wanted to send some texts and since I was in front of my computer screen and my phone was chilling on the bed, I wanted to launch Windows phone app as I was doing many times before. Only this time the icon of the app in the start menu was dark blue instead of light blue as previously and when I clicked on it, there was only blue shape of the phone on a white background wit a Microsoft sign beneath it and that's it. After being like that for about 5min, the window closes itself. Now I don't think I changed some settings since it was working. If I did, I certainly don't remember doing so. Why did the app stop working?

:)

binks, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 25, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 25, 2020
  4. binks Win User

Today I wanted to send some texts and since I was in front of my computer screen and my phone was chilling on the bed, I wanted to launch Windows phone app as I was doing many times before. Only this time the icon of the app in the start menu was dark blue instead of light blue as previously and when I clicked on it, there was only blue shape of the phone on a white background wit a Microsoft sign beneath it and that's it. After being like that for about 5min, the window closes itself. Now I don't think I changed some settings since it was working. If I did, I certainly don't remember doing so. Why did the app stop working?

binks, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Phone app stopped working - Similar Threads - Phone app stopped

2. phone app stops working when starting and opening settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone app stops working when starting and opening settings: I recently updated the phone app and suddenly I can no longer open the advanced settings and now I can't even start it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-stops-working-when-starting-and-opening/586dba55-a122-4697-b15d-2be3fcaf5928
  3. phone app stops working when starting and opening settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone app stops working when starting and opening settings: I recently updated the phone app and suddenly I can no longer open the advanced settings and now I can't even start it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-stops-working-when-starting-and-opening/586dba55-a122-4697-b15d-2be3fcaf5928
  4. phone app stops working when starting and opening settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Your Phone app stopped working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone app stopped working correctly: I have been using Your Phone for several weeks without a hitch. Suddenly a couple of days ago it stopped receiving texts. It is paired with a Samsung Galaxy 8S. I can send texts on the app, and the responses come through on my phone, but not on the app. Any suggestions on how...
  6. Your Phone app stopped working correctly

Your Phone app stopped working correctly: I have been using Your Phone for several weeks without a hitch. Suddenly a couple of days ago it stopped receiving texts. It is paired with a Samsung Galaxy 8S. I can send texts on the app, and the responses come through on my phone, but not on the app. Any suggestions on how...
  7. Your Phone app stopped owrking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone app stopped owrking: Using Your Phone app with Win 10, latest updates on Win and app. I can get a far as the code, but the Your phone never connects. I check ms with the devices and they are both showing in the acct. Any ideas?...
  8. Phone app is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phone app is not working: [ATTACH] Set up the phone app and allowed it to connect to my Note 8. This is the message I keep getting. I have restarted, reinstalled. The only thing that seems to work is, I can send texts out. I tested by sending myself a text message in the app, so I'm assuming it'll...
  9. Phone Modem stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phone Modem stopped working: I Recently found that my external USB modem has stopped working while trying to send a FAX. It also will not work with the PhoneTray telemarketer blocking system. I then purchased a new Hiro external USB modem that is supposed to work with Windows 10, but it also does not...
  10. Your Phone Windows 10 App Has Stopped Working

Your Phone Windows 10 App Has Stopped Working: Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypApp ….. SkypeBridge.exe I get this pop up every time I start up my PC. Just started recently. I have exhausted all help suggestions on phone and PC. I have restarted phone and PC several times....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone apps stopped working