Windows 10: Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,...

Discus and support Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Phone is really successful in markets such as India and others in Asia, but Microsoft still has a very hard time trying to compete with Android... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 12, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,...

More

:)

labeeman, Jan 12, 2015

2. Windows keeps adding United States-International keyboard layout automatically everytime the laptop is turned on (which I don't want).

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried troubleshoot using that thread suggestions, but it didn't work (the box isn't even ticked).

I have set the region to the UK.

The problem keeps occurring after the Fall Creator update which has the exactly same settings as before the update.

Thank you.

Thammarith, Jan 12, 2015
  3. BuffaloDan1, Jan 12, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

The problem is the devices. New devices don't come out at the same rate as they do for Android. And MS's partners don't have the clout of Apple where releasing a single new device can have a huge market share.

The OS is good, although those that are in the know are likely waiting for Windows Phone OS 10 now, which can also be contributing.

If I want a Windows Phone, I have to put up with a lower spec device than the most recent Android or iPhone devices on the market right now.

Mystere, Jan 12, 2015
  5. Never know what will happen when and if android apps will be compatible with windows phones ?
    Didn't read anything about Apple app's :/

ThrashZone, Jan 12, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Maybe Microsoft should've made a bit more noise about the free upgrade to Windows Phone 10. According to the Lumia Twitter account last year, they said "We plan to upgrade all Windows Phone 8 devices to Windows 10 in the future". Even though this was from the Lumia account, I think the consensus was that it would be for all Windows 8 phones.

Lumia on Twitter

ARC1020, Jan 12, 2015
  7. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Well if talking about specs iPhone is overpriced (especially if you don't want to sign a contract), but has optimized OS and hardware only one/two models per release just by Apple.
    when it comes to android there is many devices by various companies and lots modifications to OS UI etc.

In most cases Android runs slower even on better specs than windows phone. I was android user for some years I know by experience. When I moved to windows phone it just feels smoother UI etc. (WP with 512MB ram runs smother than some 1GB or more RAM Androids)
    Problem with WP is that companies don't want to release or timely update windows phone version of their app. its like chicken-and-egg problem many users don't buy WP because apps that they use on android/iPhone doesn't have same quality versions on WP but developers don't spare attention to WP apps because it has low market share.

8. Rickkins Win User

They gambled with their big push into the mobile game, coming in so late. People become set in their ways, and then require a major game changer to switch. Microsoft gambled with their tifkam interface, and it failed miserably. Mostly what it did, was piss off people.

IMHO, of course. *Tongue

Rickkins, Jan 13, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Probably another reason is that AFAIK most people in the US apart from a load of people in the security services etc using "Burners" is that the average US consumer takes a contract with a provider who probably buys phones by the shedload and can push these to their subscribers and there just aren't that many Windows phones available compared with the others.

If people realized that for any sort of decent phone it's always cheaper NOT to take out a contract and pay for the phone up front then the situation would change.

In Europe there's loads of Windows phones and phones now can't be "Locked" to a single provider any more either.

Although I'm using a Samsung S5 I think the latest Windows phones are excellent. However they still miss one or two decent applications. Bearing in mind that about 99% of the stuff on Googleplay is complete and utter rubbish this might not be such a drawback as some of the few more useful applications can be accessed by using the standard website rather than the mobile app or mobile web site - for example booking trains in the UK. The M-ticket (mobile electronic ticket) can still be sent to your phone by email so the lack of some apps desn't have to be the disaster it might appear. I'm thinking of getting a second phone at it probably will be a Windows one.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2015
  10. iphone 5c or other model can't remember what it was but 450.us or 15.us a month for 30 months so contract or not it's the same price
    Way to much but it is stable nothing that can be said about any Android device *Wink

ThrashZone, Jan 13, 2015
  11. rmonroe36 Win User
    My smart-ass grand-kids (and even some of their parents) have been praising the features of their various model smartphones. The (silent) message they were sending was to get in the 21st century. Some history first. Have been a dumb phone (AT&T GoPhone) user for years. No contract/data plan with average cost of $10 per month because I am a light cell phone user.
    When I saw ads for the Nokia Lumia 635 with Phone 8.1 (GoPhone capable), I shopped and found one at Walmart's for $39.99.
    Took it to AT&T and they made the transfer of phones/contacts gratis. The end result is that I am enjoying the features of this smartphone which synchronizes nicely with my home desktop (OneDrive & OneNote). And I am still paying only $10 per month. I just have to use free WiFi hot spots when away from home which is no big deal for me (but is for kids/grand-kids). One more thing - I have a new girl friend - her name is Cortana.*Wink

Rich

rmonroe36, Jan 13, 2015
  12. pigpenz Win User
    it just needs more apps

pigpenz, Jan 16, 2015
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

Microsoft keeps changing their OS which makes developers have to re-write their code. What developer in their right mind is going to waste time, developing an app, if in a year they will have to change it. That is why Microsoft has no apps, they can't decide what they are really going to do. Just an opinion.

Trust_No1, Jan 16, 2015
  14. Hello,

Windows phone is really awesome but I hate those tiles in it. In my opinion, there should not be tiles in Windows phone OS. If we compare Windows Phone with Android/iOS, surely Android/iOS will have more features with good Interfaces.
    The only the thing I hate in Windows Phone is those tiles and if we consider other things, they are not bad.

Fahadking07, Jan 16, 2015
  15. The options for developers feel a bit 'boxed' in with the windows mobile platform. I think this is another reason developers are not very attracted to the windows mobile environment.

musiclover7, Jan 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,... - Similar Threads - Phone Keeps Losing

2. How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.: I have a status bar at the bottom right that says two keyboards are available English United StatesUnited Kingdomis listed and I want it removed as I do not need it. This seems to be excessively difficult. A simple X and click to remove is the user need here.I only want UK...
  3. How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.: I have a status bar at the bottom right that says two keyboards are available English United StatesUnited Kingdomis listed and I want it removed as I do not need it. This seems to be excessively difficult. A simple X and click to remove is the user need here.I only want UK...
  4. Payment method stuck in United States

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment method stuck in United States: HiI want to subscribe to the PC Game Pass.I am forced to add a payment method although my credit card is already linked to my Microsoft account where my Azure subscription is being paid from.When I enter my credit card details I cannot change the country as United States is...
  5. Payment method stuck in United States

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Payment method stuck in United States: HiI want to subscribe to the PC Game Pass.I am forced to add a payment method although my credit card is already linked to my Microsoft account where my Azure subscription is being paid from.When I enter my credit card details I cannot change the country as United States is...
  6. Phone # for direct support - United States

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Phone # for direct support - United States: I either need to CHAT or SPEAK to Technical Support. I keep getting 'run around' in searching for a CHAT or with a phone # it ends up telling me I need to go 'on line'I keep getting NO where. HELP!!...
  7. United States-International keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    United States-International keyboard: How do I install the United States-International keyboard to type Spanish accented characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/united-states-international-keyboard/6ae2302e-66dc-4a85-a8e1-39532880c495
  8. How to remove English (United States)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States): I have the same problem with this link in forum, but I have already done all the steps without success, the only thing I see different is that I see in the command dism /online /get-intl I see the English language installed but I don't see it anywhere How to remove English...
  9. English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  10. How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard: Hi, I tried everything in my end and can't remove the English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard. [img] Region & Language does not show the English United States pack anywhere. [img] Powershell also does not show the English United States pack. [img] Does...