Windows 10: Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,...

Discus and support Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This is pretty obvious as to why this is so in the US but not so much elsewhere. Here in the States, we have three major evils, att, Verizon, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,...

This is pretty obvious as to why this is so in the US but not so much elsewhere. Here in the States, we have three major evils, att, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint. One major evil recently (Verizon) took literally all their time to get the Lumia Cyan updates and such out when everyone and their grandmother had those updates already. Why? They wanted a new bootscreen and to have all their crummy, not-up-to-date apps to work flawlessly on 8.1. att is lesser of an evil but that will be discussed later. The other evil doesn't have much market to cover.

Then there's the mother of all evils, the lack of new hardware, that is on the higher end and targeted for the US. The Lumia 930 can't carry flagship status, the HTC M8 is the current flagship and neither are really, flagshippy to say the least. It's like the Lumia 920 that had all this and that and wow'ed quite a few. Microsoft is screwing up their hardware releases as there are literally almost three different Lumia 53x or 63x in each category of devices. Nokia was brilliant at releasing a 1020, 1520, 1320, 920, 820, 720, 620, and 520 with very few variants only intended for US carrier variants (read first part). Each and every increment in the numbering was a device meant to fill a niche. The 920 was the can-do do-all handset with everything lower being intended for their respective markets. A 520 is a great starter device, a 920 is a perfect flagship, the 1020 is a perfect shutterbug's favorite. Microsoft however, is just throwing all sorts of crap at the wall. The Lumia 530, 535, and 532 have very few differences, only one major being RAM amounts. Now there's a Lumia 435 (which is ironic because I had the thought recently of them making a Lumia 4xx category to fill in the elder Nokia Asha void) that isn't very differential from the lower end.

They're racing towards the bottom for handsets meant for developing countries with handsets that have dual SIMs yet contractility have absolutely no support for those different countries such as Cortana being US only for several months, Xbox Live updates not being available outside the US, Xbox Music and everything else releasing in the US only and then maybe elsewhere.

That's called shooting yourself in the foot.

The Achilles' heel here however in the US, disregarding everything else, is the lack of major apps and lack of quality from them. Instagram BETA is still beta after WELL over a year, Audible is going to have an update in the works 14 months after their last update, snapchat isn't even on Windows Phone officially; that's a major detractor. There are better third party alternatives for most top apps, but things can fall apart when the backend of those services updates their stuff. But then there's the chicken and the egg issue, you can't get apps with no users and you can't get users with no apps.

It almost makes me want to start a group of vigilante developers just to solve that issue.

Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,...

1. Windows Phone Keeps Losing Users in the United States,... - Similar Threads - Phone Keeps Losing

2. How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.: I have a status bar at the bottom right that says two keyboards are available English United StatesUnited Kingdomis listed and I want it removed as I do not need it. This seems to be excessively difficult. A simple X and click to remove is the user need here.I only want UK...
  3. How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove English United States United Kingdom keyboard, Windows 11.: I have a status bar at the bottom right that says two keyboards are available English United StatesUnited Kingdomis listed and I want it removed as I do not need it. This seems to be excessively difficult. A simple X and click to remove is the user need here.I only want UK...
  4. Payment method stuck in United States

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment method stuck in United States: HiI want to subscribe to the PC Game Pass.I am forced to add a payment method although my credit card is already linked to my Microsoft account where my Azure subscription is being paid from.When I enter my credit card details I cannot change the country as United States is...
  5. Payment method stuck in United States

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Payment method stuck in United States: HiI want to subscribe to the PC Game Pass.I am forced to add a payment method although my credit card is already linked to my Microsoft account where my Azure subscription is being paid from.When I enter my credit card details I cannot change the country as United States is...
  6. Phone # for direct support - United States

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Phone # for direct support - United States: I either need to CHAT or SPEAK to Technical Support. I keep getting 'run around' in searching for a CHAT or with a phone # it ends up telling me I need to go 'on line'I keep getting NO where. HELP!!...
  7. United States-International keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    United States-International keyboard: How do I install the United States-International keyboard to type Spanish accented characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/united-states-international-keyboard/6ae2302e-66dc-4a85-a8e1-39532880c495
  8. How to remove English (United States)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States): I have the same problem with this link in forum, but I have already done all the steps without success, the only thing I see different is that I see in the command dism /online /get-intl I see the English language installed but I don't see it anywhere How to remove English...
  9. English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  10. How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard: Hi, I tried everything in my end and can't remove the English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard. [img] Region & Language does not show the English United States pack anywhere. [img] Powershell also does not show the English United States pack. [img] Does...