Windows 10: Windows phone link not working

Discus and support Windows phone link not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new windows 11 laptop and the phone link will not work. Saying something stupid about my phone needs updating. It doesn't. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdeByrne, Nov 30, 2023.

1. AdeByrne Win User

Windows phone link not working

I have a new windows 11 laptop and the phone link will not work. Saying something stupid about my phone needs updating. It doesn't. How can I fix this?Please don't come back with all the usual "are you on the same network, have you swiched it off and on" stuff thanksAdrian

:)

AdeByrne, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Microsoft Apps

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Your Phone App - Link to Windows not working

Has anyone found the secret to getting the Your Phone - Link to Windows App working correctly? Looking at the number of posts in other forums saying they have problems there is clearly a major issue with this App. It's a pity because it used to work quite well before recent Windows updates. Basically my phone (Samsung A515) will connect to Your Phone on my PC and I can see the headers of Notifications on my PC. If I try to read Messages or access Photos or open Desktop Apps it says I need permissions and asks me to click on a link to send a permission request to my phone. It never arrives. I don't see any permission request. Also it doesn't say what permissions are missing nor how to enable them. The response from MS is always to ensure that your phone and PC Apps are at the latest version (they are). I suspect there is a major bug in this App, yet others seem to suggest that it does work. Hopelessly confused. Winver: 21H1 19043 1237.

Colonel Stack, Nov 30, 2023
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows phone link not working - Similar Threads - phone link working

2. Phone Link isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link isn't working: So I saw all of the fixes for the phone link like uninstalling or resetting it, however when I find it under system components or installed apps, I can click on it or the three dots and click advanced settings and all it does is spin. It doesn't actually load the app. Is...
  3. Phone link not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link not working.: After setting up phone link with my device it begins to load freezes and close and will not reopen. I've tried resetting it and refreshing it in the settings, tried deleting and reinstalling it in powershell, Restarted the device over a million times and made sure it was up...
  4. Phone link not working.

Phone link not working.: After setting up phone link with my device it begins to load freezes and close and will not reopen. I've tried resetting it and refreshing it in the settings, tried deleting and reinstalling it in powershell, Restarted the device over a million times and made sure it was up...
  5. Phone Link not working

Phone Link not working: For months I have used Phone Link with my android cell phone.A few weeks back my cell phone disappeared from Phone Link.I checked bluetooth and wifi and both were ok.I connected to my phone using bluetooth, it worked.I tried to add my cell phone again, it did not work.I was...
  6. Phone Link not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not working: For months I have used Phone Link with my android cell phone.A few weeks back my cell phone disappeared from Phone Link.I checked bluetooth and wifi and both were ok.I connected to my phone using bluetooth, it worked.I tried to add my cell phone again, it did not work.I was...
  7. Phone Link Quit Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Quit Working: Phone link stopped working all of a sudden. It worked yesterday, today it would not connect.I unstalled it from my phone LGK20 plus and when I tried to re-istalled it after selecting it from the play store, it says:"Your device isn't compatible with this version". How do I...
  8. Windows phone link not working

Windows phone link not working: I have a new windows 11 laptop and the phone link will not work. Saying something stupid about my phone needs updating. It doesn't. How can I fix this?Please don't come back with all the usual "are you on the same network, have you swiched it off and on" stuff thanksAdrian...
  9. My Phone Link is not working

My Phone Link is not working: My phone link stopped connecting to my device. It keeps telling me is their issue not mine. I am not sure what to do. I have disabled and reenabled the app on my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  10. PHONE LINK AUDIO NOT WORKING

PHONE LINK AUDIO NOT WORKING: Hi. So I am "connected for calls" not calls and audio and every time I make a call thru Phone Link app, i can hear the other person talking but THEY CANT HEAR ME!It doesn't pick up my phone audio UNLESS I use the phone speaker audio. But when I do that, their voice comes...