Windows 10: Windows Photo 3d Effects

Discus and support Windows Photo 3d Effects in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was editing and creating a video and noticed that that the 3d effects are limited to only 3 choices, confetti, lens sparkles and snow. The others are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlearyIrish, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Windows Photo 3d Effects

I was editing and creating a video and noticed that that the 3d effects are limited to only 3 choices, confetti, lens sparkles and snow. The others are no longer available. Is this a mistake or are these effects just gone now? I was having a blast with all the effects so its a shame now that I have to download some other software for this fun feature.

:)

BlearyIrish, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Photo Effects Editor

Hi Nate,

Your Windows Photo app might be corrupted that's why it's not working as intended. Since you already tried to reset the app to no effect, reinstalling the app might do the trick. Kindly follow the steps below on how to reinstall the Windows Photo app:

A. First you need to uninstall the Photo app using PowerShell:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Copy and paste this command: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    4. Press Enter.
    5. Restart your device for it to take effect.

B. Install the Microsoft Photo app.

1. Launch the Windows Store.
    2. On the search bar, type Microsoft Photo.
    3. Press Enter.
    4. Download and install the app.

Afterwards, try to recreate your 3D Effect. If the issue persist. Please provide us your Windows build and version for us to provide more possible solutions:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.
    3. Then, provide us the build and version of your Windows.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation

3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines?

***Modified title from: 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***

Melodygirl, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Windows Photo 3d Effects

3D effects on Story Remix

maybe your computer doesn't support 3d effects on the Photos app. all the same, submit feedback through feedback hub

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photo 3d Effects

1. Windows Photo 3d Effects - Similar Threads - Photo Effects

2. Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos: When I'm viewing photos in file explorer, it automatically puts this weird fisheye effect onto my photos. This is so annoying. How can I cancel it...
  3. Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos: When I'm viewing photos in file explorer, it automatically puts this weird fisheye effect onto my photos. This is so annoying. How can I cancel it...
  4. One drive doesn't effectively back up my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive doesn't effectively back up my photos: One drive does not arrange my photos according to the date that they were modified. It's a very clumsy organization because pictures from years ago are mixed up with current pictures. What use is a 1Tb drive when I can't use it to effectively back my stuff up? This is the...
  5. One drive doesn't effectively back up my photos

One drive doesn't effectively back up my photos: One drive does not arrange my photos according to the date that they were modified. It's a very clumsy organization because pictures from years ago are mixed up with current pictures. What use is a 1Tb drive when I can't use it to effectively back my stuff up? This is the...
  6. Photo app effects!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app effects!: I have been using the Microsoft Photo app for about 3/4 years now and think it's great. Although mostly for fun I make my own movies and add things to photos etc. Just one simple question, is there any way of getting more "effects" apart from the ones that come with the app?...
  7. Photo app effects!

Photo app effects!: I have been using the Microsoft Photo app for about 3/4 years now and think it's great. Although mostly for fun I make my own movies and add things to photos etc. Just one simple question, is there any way of getting more "effects" apart from the ones that come with the app?...
  8. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  9. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  10. How do I turn off the slideshow effect when viewing photos?

How do I turn off the slideshow effect when viewing photos?: I can't view photos without it doing a slideshow effect, changing the photo every few seconds. This bug is incredibly annoying. I've seen this question asked many times when doing searches, and the responders always answer the wrong question, assuming we are talking about the...