Windows 10: Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

Discus and support Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have two machines both on the same version of Windows (18362.175) and the same version of the Photo app (2019.19051.13510.0). My Pictures are stored... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jdpg2, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Jdpg2 Win User

Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

I have two machines both on the same version of Windows (18362.175) and the same version of the Photo app (2019.19051.13510.0). My Pictures are stored under the "Pictures" folder is on a Synology DS +918. I have two user accounts , one for each machine and each user is part of the administrators group on the Nas and both pc have the Pictures network location mounted using their respective credentials. Simply put both are identical from a access perspective.

The folders under Pictures root are stored by year 2003 - 2019 with sub folders by date.

On machine A user A can see ALL pictures under the Pictures folder

On machine B user B can only see a hand full of pictures between year 2006 and 2018

I have reset, uninstalled and re installed several times with no effect.

Also i created a new folder and copied the contents of Pictures to Pictures 2 with the same result.

Any ideas????

:)

Jdpg2, Jun 19, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 19, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

1. Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas - Similar Threads - Photo app doesn't

2. Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?: I get that you are trying to push people towards OneDrive but why have you taken away the ability to view photos held on a NAS with the new update?The new version of Photos simply ignores files on a NAS even when already included in a Windows library and doesn't allow a...
  3. Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?: I get that you are trying to push people towards OneDrive but why have you taken away the ability to view photos held on a NAS with the new update?The new version of Photos simply ignores files on a NAS even when already included in a Windows library and doesn't allow a...
  4. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  5. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  6. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  7. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  8. Using Photos App with a NAS

Using Photos App with a NAS: Hello, I have recently tried using the photos app for the 1st time. I have all my photos stored on a Synology DS1517+ NAS. When I add my photos folder to the photos app, only the pictures in the main folder are displayed. All photos within subfolders do not populate....
  9. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  10. Windows 10 Photos App doesn't open at all.

Windows 10 Photos App doesn't open at all.: Hello, I am having a strange problem with Photos app on my windows 10. Let's say I click the Photos app icon, nothing happens, doesn't even through any error. I followed many threads to try to fix it with no success. You're assistance will be a great help. Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant microsoft photo get photos from an nas