Windows 10: Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

Discus and support Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have two machines both on the same version of Windows (18362.175) and the same version of the Photo app (2019.19051.13510.0). My Pictures are stored... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jdpg2, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Jdpg2 Win User

Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

I have two machines both on the same version of Windows (18362.175) and the same version of the Photo app (2019.19051.13510.0). My Pictures are stored under the "Pictures" folder is on a Synology DS +918. I have two user accounts , one for each machine and each user is part of the administrators group on the Nas and both pc have the Pictures network location mounted using their respective credentials. Simply put both are identical from a access perspective.

The folders under Pictures root are stored by year 2003 - 2019 with sub folders by date.

On machine A user A can see ALL pictures under the Pictures folder

On machine B user B can only see a hand full of pictures between year 2006 and 2018

I have reset, uninstalled and re installed several times with no effect.

Also i created a new folder and copied the contents of Pictures to Pictures 2 with the same result.

Any ideas????

:)

Jdpg2, Jun 19, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 19, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

1. Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas - Similar Threads - Photo app doesn't

2. Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos: Hello World! Recently my Windows 10 Photo App began to act somewhat odd. It will no longer download photos/videos using an MTP Connection on my Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Phone running Android 6.0.1. It will only download photos, no videos, using a PTP Connection. Even then...
  3. Windows photo app

Windows photo app: The windows photo is causing crash to 2000 systems in our organization. Every time staff leave their laptop on but not using it every 10 minutes it freezes and automatically restarts. We got that conclusion by leaving a laptop on with task manager on to see what porcesses...
  4. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  5. Photo Apps not launching at all!

Photo Apps not launching at all!: My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost everything!! - Repair - Reset - Uninstall and Install again - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's...
  6. Windows 10 photo app - how to select all photos in video slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo app - how to select all photos in video slideshow: Windows 10 photo app - how to select all photos in video slideshow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-how-to-select-all-photos-in/b205bbb7-b685-4a6f-ae78-83f77d98b91f
  7. Displaying photos in NAS is very slow

Displaying photos in NAS is very slow: I like the Photos app for managing my photos. Recently I moved all my photos to an NAS folder and added the network folder to the app's folder collection. But it appears the apps searches the folder in the NAS really slowly. I kept the app on for hours and overnight. It still...
  8. Windows 10 Photo Not Adding iPhone Photos From NAS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Photo Not Adding iPhone Photos From NAS: Greetings: I added a Photos search folder that points to NAS. Most of these pictures in this folder were taken from my iPhone 8. While Photos add .jpg's and all my videos to the collection, it will not add the pictures I took from my iPhone. What is the solution to...
  9. Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos

Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos: Hi, the Photos app has indexed all my pictures in the onedrive-Folder. OK. Then I made them "Online available" to safe disk space. Every week, onedrive begins to download all my pictures. This are 200 GB of data. It seems, the photos app tries to reindex all the...
  10. Windows 10 Photos App doesn't open at all.

Windows 10 Photos App doesn't open at all.: Hello, I am having a strange problem with Photos app on my windows 10. Let's say I click the Photos app icon, nothing happens, doesn't even through any error. I followed many threads to try to fix it with no success. You're assistance will be a great help. Thank...