Windows 10: Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP

Discus and support Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; For some reason, when I use Window's Photos App, it works like normal, opening and viewing pictures I look at from my Windows Explorer. However,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Chris -Fox, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP

For some reason, when I use Window's Photos App, it works like normal, opening and viewing pictures I look at from my Windows Explorer.

However, sometimes when I open a picture Sometimes the same picture it will instead show nothing in the window. It's just a blank screen with no picture or buttons/menus.

I'm still able to close the window by clicking the 'X' and then I have to wait like 15 seconds for it to allow me to open the picture again.

This has been driving me crazy and I want to know how I can fix this issue or what is causing it.

- I have Terminated the App.

- I have tried Resetting the App.

- I have tried Reinstalling the App.

It still does this. I need help to know why this is happening and how do I make it stop doing this.

I attached a picture to show what the screen looks like when it doesn't work properly.

This happens 70% of the time. Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP 5b5d9377-1d41-44b2-8379-dc9fabc13438?upload=true.png

:)

Chris -Fox, Aug 6, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 6, 2020
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP

windows photo app.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP

1. Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP - Similar Threads - Photo App Freezing

2. Help, sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec: Hello,please help to recognize what process cause problem. Sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec.Here is a link to a dump file 090122-6562-01https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah0VRne0wLVdh1RVOMInzqQ2L-Nk...
  3. Help, sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec: Hello,please help to recognize what process cause problem. Sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec.Here is a link to a dump file 090122-6562-01https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah0VRne0wLVdh1RVOMInzqQ2L-Nk...
  4. Help, sometimes blue screen, sometimes freezing 0.5-3sec

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Freezing video in Photo App

Freezing video in Photo App: I have created a video in the Photo App using photos & short videos adding sounds, narration & music, It freezes in a particular spot when playing and only gets halfway through and then freezes when I try to export it. What can be the problem? The computer is only 4 months...
  6. photo app - continuous freezes

photo app - continuous freezes: I have used the Photo app for years, and all of a sudden when I try to import photo's, the programs freezes and/or crashes. I've tried to use the "repair" tool and restart; but that doesn't help. I don't want to uninstall and re-install as I feel I will lose all the...
  7. Is there Help for the Photo App?

Is there Help for the Photo App?: When cropping photos, I frequently get a "Oooops, we couldn't save that one" message. When I crop the photo again, it gets saved. I don't know why. I've scanned hundreds of photos. My scanner shows the photo on a black background, so every photo has to be cropped in the...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App Freezing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Photo App Freezing: Why does the windows 10 photo app freeze with the i-Phone? It used to work ok but about 2 or 3 months it started freezing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-freezing/afde7154-3a57-472f-9d1b-bfe05ec9972c"
  9. [Help] Photo App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Photo App: I'm not sure when it happened but some corporate moron has decided the stellar Microsoft Photo App wasn't 'hip enough for them millennials' and now has implemented a slew of social media integration and a god awful photos scroll meant for mobile os' Is there any way to...
  10. if I save photo in OneDrive, sometimes it is saved in app "photos", however, sometimes it...

if I save photo in OneDrive, sometimes it is saved in app "photos", however, sometimes it...: if I save photo in OneDrive, sometimes it is saved in app "photos", however, sometimes it is not ,why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-save-photo-in-onedrive-sometimes-it-is-saved/1af66ec5-c7fb-44e0-a581-14503daa5b71