Windows 10: Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo

Discus and support Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo in the folder using mouse wheel with latest windows update, how do I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonaldSiebel, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo

Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo in the folder using mouse wheel with latest windows update, how do I change it back? in photos settings I have it checked to "view next or previous item" when using the mouse wheel.

:)

DonaldSiebel, Sep 6, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 6, 2019
  3. scopio Win User
    Cannot view photos in photo app

I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open!

Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo [​IMG]
    How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick

Just to clarify I sign in with a Local account, do I have to sign in with a Microsoft account to use the apps?

scopio, Sep 6, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo

Cannot view photos in photo app

Thanks Joergi for the link but Photo App did not work in Safe Mode or after running sfc /scannow as suggested in that link.
    I have now done as Brink suggested and Restored Windows Photo Viewer and now I can get to see my photos and pictures. Thanks Brink *Thumbs

scopio, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo

1. Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo - Similar Threads - photo app going

2. windows 11 photos app delay in response to command to go to the next picture for viewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 photos app delay in response to command to go to the next picture for viewing: When viewing a group of photos, a photo is selected but then the advancement to the next photo via mouse wheel or arrow is not possible for approx. 20 seconds. The next photo appears after about 20 seconds and then all the following photos can be accessed immediately....
  3. windows 11 photos app delay in response to command to go to the next picture for viewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 photos app delay in response to command to go to the next picture for viewing: When viewing a group of photos, a photo is selected but then the advancement to the next photo via mouse wheel or arrow is not possible for approx. 20 seconds. The next photo appears after about 20 seconds and then all the following photos can be accessed immediately....
  4. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  5. Viewing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing photos: When I click on a photo icon on desktop or in folders it takes several minutes to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-photos/54ddf94b-e8dc-4fa5-b18b-d6e07d0a11c9
  6. Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo: I noticed this a few days ago, photos would automatically advance to the next image even though I'm not pressing anything. If I go into any of the menus, it pauses temporarily but it switches to the next image as soon as I leave the window or prompt. How can I get it to stop?...
  7. Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app

Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app: Hello! I work a lot with photos. If you have a folder full of photos, you normally can open a photo with the photos app and then go through all the photos contained in that folder by swiping or clicking or using the arrow keys. Yesterday I got the 2004 update, and since...
  8. Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing: Since June of this 2018 I have noticed that the photos uploaded from my camera in raw format onto the computer running Win 10 Pro look enhanced when I open them for viewing and culling. When I import them into my photo editor (Not the Photo APP with Win10 Pro) they resume...
  9. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...