Windows 10: Windows Photo App in Windows 10 not accessing items on this device error Apple iphone 8

Discus and support Windows Photo App in Windows 10 not accessing items on this device error Apple iphone 8 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am unable to transfer photos from my Apple iphone to my PC running latest version of Windows 10. As soon as I connect the USB from the iphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WILLIAMWOLF6, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Windows Photo App in Windows 10 not accessing items on this device error Apple iphone 8

Hello,

I am unable to transfer photos from my Apple iphone to my PC running latest version of Windows 10. As soon as I connect the USB from the iphone to my PC Windows Photo App opens and makes a sound and displays error Somthing went wrong, cannot access items on this device. I have tried all of the following with no success and same error display: Updated latest Windows update, Updated Latest Apple phone updates and itunes updates, in Device Manager Checked and installed latest USB Universal Serial Bus Device for Apple Mobile Device while iphone connected tp PC. Tried connected to all three different USB ports on PC, Tried multiple OEM USB lighting cables including New one, restarted both devices and programs, always checked the Allow this PC Notification on iphone each attempt, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Full latest itunes from Microsoft Store, but seems un-related to Microsoft Photo App not recognizing of accessing my iphone??? Anymore ideas guys???

:)

WILLIAMWOLF6, Dec 4, 2020

2. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Dec 4, 2020
  3. iPhone photos to Windows 10 on Vaio

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

As you are not able to import the entire photos through Photos app, I suggest you to refer to the below articles and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

You may also follow the below steps and check if it help you to import the photos from the iPhone.

• Connect your iPhone to your Windows 10 PC using the USB cable provided by Apple. Check your iPhone screen now and a notification with “Trust” option will appear. Choose “Trust” option to continue.
    • Open Windows File Explorer. Press the Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File explorer
    • Under “This PC”, you should see your iPhone as a drive. Double-click the icon for your iPhone here. Now you may have the access to your photos/folders in your iPhone.
    • Photos and videos taken on your iPhone should now be visible. Then you can select the photos to transfer them to Windows 10.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Photo App in Windows 10 not accessing items on this device error Apple iphone 8

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photo App in Windows 10 not accessing items on this device error Apple iphone 8

1. Windows Photo App in Windows 10 not accessing items on this device error Apple iphone 8 - Similar Threads - Photo App accessing

2. Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos: Hello! Using Photos Application - 2023.11090.12017.0 on Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621I've plugged in my iPhone, and while the photos pop up, no "right click" is available. I can only "add" the pictures to a folder within my OneDrive, where I can then "right-click" and...
  3. Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos: Hello! Using Photos Application - 2023.11090.12017.0 on Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621I've plugged in my iPhone, and while the photos pop up, no "right click" is available. I can only "add" the pictures to a folder within my OneDrive, where I can then "right-click" and...
  4. Photo app for apple photo

Photo app for apple photo: Micro app to add photo from iphone or ipad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-for-apple-photo/c1700983-f4f8-4648-86af-4a2e67b57e62
  5. Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App

Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App: I have updated both my iTunes and the latest version of the Photos app, and I am still having an issue importing photos/videos from my phone. I "import from device" and "trust the computer" and the download begins. The screen shows that 14,000+ photos are found and then the...
  6. Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8

Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8: I used to import from my iphone on a regular basis. Computer died and I upgraded to a new Dell gaming machine. Now when I try and import from my phone or my wifes it finds X number of photos and locks up. Restarted, re-installed the photo app. When it locks it doesn't...
  7. Apple iPhone Drivers Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple iPhone Drivers Windows 10 PC: Please help me. When I connect my iPhone 6 running the latest update to my laptop also running the latest windows update, I open the iTunes app downloaded from the Microsoft Store, but I do not see my phone on the top bar. In fact, my phone won't even charge when connected to...
  8. Apple iphone cant upload photos to pc

Apple iphone cant upload photos to pc: I have tried absolutely everything to upload my phones from iphone to pc. After hooking into USB I get a message that its installed properly, but then I get this message Device USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&MI_00\6&1285639f&1&0000 requires further installation. Any ideas?...
  9. Apple iPhone device driver for Windows 10 home

Apple iPhone device driver for Windows 10 home: Need help finding the Apple iPhone device driver for Windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apple-iphone-device-driver-for-windows-10-home/a2e0006c-f2a8-43cb-9bdb-3ce9abc3e2c7
  10. iphone/apple problems

iphone/apple problems: If I click "MobileMe" in control panel I get 4 error messages in a row, saying procedure entry points cannot be located in the dynamic link library. What does this mean? I'm also having problems with opening my iphone in windows explorer. Even with itunes running. I...