Windows 10: Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update

Discus and support Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the last windows update, the windows photo app seems to have broken a efficient workflow.Use case: use Photo app to browse to large amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hassemuller, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update

After the last windows update, the windows photo app seems to have broken a efficient workflow.Use case: use Photo app to browse to large amount of photo's, select a photo to keep, edit crop/straigten, save-as in new folder selected photos, next arrow to see next photo, next again if not nice, next again untill nice one, edit crop/straigten, save-as in new folder, next arrow, etc.etc.etc. untill all photos processed.Since the last update, after I do save-as, the next/previous arrows have disappeared.... so I need to close photo app, go to explorer, find my last position very time consum

:)

hassemuller, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Les_FW190 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app no forward or backward arrows

Tried out the Photos app a few days ago: each day, forward-backward arrows missing. In any photo folder, the same problem.

Tried resetting Photos (%appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState and deleting folder contents).

Ran scannow, no problem found.

Opened photos on my laptop and the arrows are present.

Suggestions? I hope, short of reinstalling Windows on this machine.

Les_FW190, Sep 13, 2021
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update

Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update

1. Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update - Similar Threads - Photo App missing

2. Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?: After the update yesterday, often when I open a photo, after a few seconds the photo disappears and there is a text box saying "there is nothing to see here"....
  3. Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?: After the update yesterday, often when I open a photo, after a few seconds the photo disappears and there is a text box saying "there is nothing to see here"....
  4. Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions to try if Next or Previous arrows are missing in the Photos App. The latest Windows OS comes with a complete revamp and a new photo viewing application called Microsoft Photos. It is a great upgrade over its predecessor and...
  5. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  6. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  7. Photos App crashes after last Windows Update

Photos App crashes after last Windows Update: The Windows Photos App has been affected since the last Windows update. If you open a JPG file and click on File Info, the application crashes. Tested with different versions of Windows 10 and different hardware....
  8. Parts of cortana are missing after last update

in Cortana
    Parts of cortana are missing after last update: parts of cortana are missing after installing latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parts-of-cortana-are-missing-after-last-update/f9e79b5f-843a-407d-99aa-ad9ab0c04231
  9. Photos app missing after recent update

Photos app missing after recent update: Split from this thread. ms photo is missing after recent update. now cannot reinstall from ms store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-missing-after-recent-update/03e4aaaf-15da-4409-a72b-a4c230e46e2e
  10. app crashing after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app crashing after last update: the photos app is not working. it is crashing before opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-crashing-after-last-update/a5d06eb6-c9df-4800-802f-801fec841c7b