Windows 10: Windows Photo App NONSTOP CRASHES, REPAIR/RESET/REINSTALL DID NOT WORK

Discus and support Windows Photo App NONSTOP CRASHES, REPAIR/RESET/REINSTALL DID NOT WORK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright so I'm pretty desperate at this point having to actually ask a question on here but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. For the last month,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Suhrrf, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Suhrrf Win User

Windows Photo App NONSTOP CRASHES, REPAIR/RESET/REINSTALL DID NOT WORK

Alright so I'm pretty desperate at this point having to actually ask a question on here but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. For the last month, my Windows Photo App has been crashing less than 10 seconds after opening, consistently, and is completely unusable. I've gone into the settings and repaired it, nothing. I've gone into the settings and reset the entire app, nothing. I uninstalled it and removed it via powershell, reinstalled completely new, and NOTHING.

It's insane. I've scoured the internet for answers and the only solutions I'm seeing are those listed above that I have already tried. While looking through search results I've seen hundreds of people having this same issue over the last few years. And the only solution I've seen from Microsoft forums is the suck-**** solutions listed above that yield no results.

It's insane that I can't organize photos or make videos on a Windows computer in 2018. It's absolutely **** ridiculous. What could possibly be the issue?

:)

Suhrrf, Nov 28, 2018
  2. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Nov 28, 2018
  3. abn505 Win User
    Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Nov 28, 2018
  4. justinizy Win User

Photo App Crashes

PHOTOS issue.

I used the following steps to uninstall :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option2

Then I go to 'Store' to reinstall Windows Photos app.

It worked.

Good luck.

justinizy, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Photo App NONSTOP CRASHES, REPAIR/RESET/REINSTALL DID NOT WORK - Similar Threads - Photo App NONSTOP

2. Windows 11 Explorer Nonstop Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Nonstop Crashing: Hello, about 2 hours ago my power went out. After my PC came back to life, my explorer has just died. My taskbars are available, but upon trying to open a file explorer of any kind, it instantly crashes and resets. I cannot run CMD Prompt or Powershell as administrator, or...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer Nonstop Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer Nonstop Crashing: Hello, about 2 hours ago my power went out. After my PC came back to life, my explorer has just died. My taskbars are available, but upon trying to open a file explorer of any kind, it instantly crashes and resets. I cannot run CMD Prompt or Powershell as administrator, or...
  4. Microsoft Photos opens and immediately closes; already tried repair, reset, and reinstall -...

Microsoft Photos opens and immediately closes; already tried repair, reset, and reinstall -...: Just like the title says; if I try to open the Microsoft Photos app, it comes up, and immediately closes. No freezing, no flashing, no resource usage spikes, and no error messages. It just vanishes.The only time it opens is if I open an image file directly ie via file...
  5. How to Repair or Reset the Photos app on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Repair or Reset the Photos app on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Microsoft has made a program that is termed the best image viewer and editor with basic capabilities in the form of the Photos app. In this guide, we show you how you can repair and reset the Photos app on Windows 11 or Windows 10. Photos app on Windows is the best...
  6. Nonstop BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nonstop BSOD crashes: For whatever reason, I'm regularly recieving BSDO errors from my computer. I have already tried removing some software, I have reinstalled Windows a few times. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Nonstop BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonstop BSOD crashes: For whatever reason, I'm regularly recieving BSDO errors from my computer. I have already tried removing some software, I have reinstalled Windows a few times. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. Nonstop BSOD crashes

9. Cannot reinstall Microsoft Store+Apps, Repair install did not work

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Store+Apps, Repair install did not work: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS build 18363.752) This all seemingly started after uninstalling a game app (Halo). I first noticed an issue with the photos app. I attempted to open a picture and received this: File system error (-2147219196). I attempted to terminate, then...
  10. Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall

Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall: My photos app was working fine then it suddenly refused to stay open. I tried using "repair" and "reset" but neither worked so I uninstalled it. Now I can not reinstall it. I get an error during the installation. I've reboot my computer. I signed out and back into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset and reinstalled photos app still wont work