Windows 10: Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

Discus and support Windows photo app video editor "can't find file" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I started a video project and then when I came back to work on it again, it says "can't find files" and everything is gone. The files themselves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SarahJonesKF, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

I started a video project and then when I came back to work on it again, it says "can't find files" and everything is gone. The files themselves haven't moved. I recently updated my laptop - could this be the issue? Where should I expect to find the file.

Can this be fixed or do I have to restart my project again? Rest assured, this is the last time I will ever use this app. I'm going back to more reliable video editors.

:)

SarahJonesKF, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How do I Remove Video Editor and Connect?

Video Editor is part of Photos, I'm not sure you can just remove that and leave Photos in place.

For newer apps not yet listed in the tutorial, see Step 4 to find out the names of all the app packages, then you'll know the names to use in Powershell.

3. Video editor gone from Photos

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing feature on Photos app. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

1. May I know on which device the issue persists?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix.

Method 1

Update Photos app

Refer the article Check updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store
    for the steps.

Method 2

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and follow the steps.

You may also refer the suggestions from Riley
    Lynn Nairn dated on May 7, 2018
    regarding the issue with the missing Video editor feature.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 17, 2020
  4. PBhowmik Win User

Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

photo editor and video editor

Please suggest me a very good video editor and a photo editor (although inbuilt photo editing is there but still if there is any better) for my nokia 808 pureview white and from where i can download these and install in my mobile.

Thanking you,

PBhowmik, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

1. Windows photo app video editor "can't find file" - Similar Threads - photo app video

2. Video editor in the Photos app is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video editor in the Photos app is missing: The video editing option in the Photos app seems to have gone, A link to an app called Clipchamp seems to be offered instead. Has the original video editor option really been removed?...
  3. Video editor in the Photos app is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video editor in the Photos app is missing: The video editing option in the Photos app seems to have gone, A link to an app called Clipchamp seems to be offered instead. Has the original video editor option really been removed?...
  4. Photo app video editor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app video editor problem: Hi,I have put together a video compilation and when done, I could not back up the video project or export the video. I had these results:This is very frustrating. Please help. I didn't have these problems with Movie Maker....
  5. Photo App Video Editor Pasting Video Clips: We can't find this file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Video Editor Pasting Video Clips: We can't find this file.: Hello,When video clips are copied from one video project and pasted into second video project they are playable and you can finish/download the video. But when you return to the second video project after closing it, the previously pasted clip cannot be played, and reads "We...
  6. Video editor not found in photo app

Video editor not found in photo app: Hi, I can not find video editor in windows 10 . It is said this app included in photo app, but I can not find it. Is video editor available only at certain version of windows? I am using windows 10 home version. Thanks for the reply...
  7. Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files: I've been using the Photo Apps Video Editor to create a travel movie. The project has taken me months of work. I updated windows and now I open my project and almost every single video on the timeline says "cannot find file". The original files were never moved and are still...
  8. Video Editor in Photo app

Video Editor in Photo app: I use the Video Editor in the Photo app on my old desktop pc almost daily, I have just purchased a new laptop and the Video Editor is not available on it, any advice ???...
  9. can't find the video editor at the photo app in windows 10

can't find the video editor at the photo app in windows 10: HI I got a new computer and I can't find the video editor at the photo app in windows 10. I followd after the guides, but I can't find it. someone can help me please? thank you! [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot find video editor on windows photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot find video editor on windows photos: hi once i found windows editor on my windows 10, but several days later its gone. and i heard that we can edit videos in windows photos apps. but i cannot found any of this features. can someone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft video editor we can find this file

2. cant see files on video editor

3. video editor we cant find the file

4. windows 10 video editor we cant find this file