Windows 10: Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint

Discus and support Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have been an avid fan of the then 'Microsoft Digital Media Edition' which I used to edit photos with as it was simple and easy to use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Master_Oni, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint

Hi

I have been an avid fan of the then 'Microsoft Digital Media Edition' which I used to edit photos with as it was simple and easy to use.

Fast forward now I have noticed that PowerPoint has more options for photo editing then the actual photo app namely 'background removal'.

I hope Microsoft brings these features to the photo app as it would make life a lot easy.

what are your thoughts?

:)

Master_Oni, Aug 2, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    [HELP] Helpful iPad Presentation/PowerPoint apps

Hey there techpowerup fam!

I have a conference this weekend and I'm seeking a fast track into some ideas for PowerPoint apps. Just a simple question, but hoping people will have valid advice on some app they've found useful. I watched a few tedtalks but I can't find much for advice.

[I guess what I'm actually looking for is] an app that can sync to the slides of a powerpoint and show what readers are supposed to say and other notes, if such an app exists.

I know I could just use a static photo with the script on it, but trying to just see what's out there, and if I fell behind! Right now all I have is a teleprompter app, but I'm not fully convinced by it's features that I'm on par.

Synchronization and fluidity is vital. The real powerpoint will be running off a separate laptop so it can be on a projector system. I'm guessing with how information is passed through the apps and laptop, I might be out of luck since I'll be on a public wifi.

Much thanks!

Mark7805 =]

Mark7805, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint

Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

Hi Drew,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I will certainly assist you.

As you are not able to see the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app which is freely available in Windows Store.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Control Panel on the search bar,then go to Programs and Features, Click View Updates
    • Click the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint

1. Windows Photo App vs PowerPoint - Similar Threads - Photo App PowerPoint

2. Microsoft Photos vs Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos vs Paint: Hi, what format does microsoft photos use when converting a picture from .jpg or .png to .bmp.I have another program that uses .bmp files. If I use one that was converted by Microsoft Photos they don't work. If converted by paint they do.Something is different in the format...
  3. Photo Gallery Live tags vs Photos app albums

Photo Gallery Live tags vs Photos app albums: I'm a longtime user of Photo Gallery Live, trying every once in a while to switch to the Win10 Photos app. The current hold-up for me, unless I am missing something, is that album info is not saved in the photo file like tags in Photo Gallery Live were. I'll explain. In...
  4. Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer: So I recently made the final switch to Windows 10 (was still using 8.1 simply because there was no need to switch, new PC obviously came with Win 10 now). One thing I miss is the Photo Viewer from Win 8.1, as the new Photos app is lacking a lot of small features that added a...
  5. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  6. Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition): On Windows 10... What, if any data is uploaded from my PC when my Photos app recognizes faces in my photos? I see that it's auto-recognized faces and grouped them together based on recognizing the same people across my photos. I see that it is asking for permission to my...
  7. microsoft vs windows live photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft vs windows live photo: Microsoft has blocked my load engine on windows live photo site. I do not want to use their photo site. I want my windows live photo site and be able to load my photos there. This is terrible and totally unfair....
  8. Media player vs. Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media player vs. Photos: In Windows Media Player I re-organized all my music. Big surprise: opening Windows Photos I found every music album and single song as a new folder under folders. Why that ? I absolutely don't want this. How can I delete these folders ? In settings they just don't appear. And...
  9. photos vs photo viewer

photos vs photo viewer: If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos. I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast,...
  10. Problem with PowerPoint and some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with PowerPoint and some apps: When I use PowerPoint and start the slideshow, the screen shows half the slide and the same half screen is mirrored at a right angle. The same thing happens on some a live online demo I was watching. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix. I'll try posting an image....