Windows 10: Windows photo app We can't find this file. How I can recover my video with all the pictures...

Discus and support Windows photo app We can't find this file. How I can recover my video with all the pictures... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the Photos app of windows on my work Laptop I had under video project serval video with images. Now when I open my video projects it show in most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RA Diana, Jul 31, 2020.

1. RA Diana Win User

Windows photo app We can't find this file. How I can recover my video with all the pictures...

In the Photos app of windows on my work Laptop I had under video project serval video with images. Now when I open my video projects it show in most of the cards in the storyboard :We can't find this file.

How can I recover my videos with all the pictures and images ?

I was also following the question about where the video project are stored so I can somehow rescue my video ! please help The app doesn't show me the option to backup my projects it only shows me themes, landscape and settings.

:)

RA Diana, Jul 31, 2020

2. MOVING ALL PICTURES/VIDEOS FROM THE PHOTO APP TO PICTURE FILE

'My Pictures' did show an access denied message, but this was solved. 'My pictures' only had some of the missing pictures in it.

Pictures in question were transferred from an external hard drive when I purchased this computer. The computer had Windows 8 and I updated to Windows 10. The photos have ended up in The Photo App. I need to be able to access all the photos. I have purchased
    a new hard drive, can I transfer the photos from the Photo App and transfer them back to the computer so they go to pictures in This PC? HOW?

I have tried to make Windows Photo Viewer my default program but I can't successfully do that. I can view the photos in The Photo App and Windows Media Player.

Glen Hilver, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Carlo Win User
    Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using the Windows 10 Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos. Every file in the Storyboard shows the sad emoticon and a message stating "We can't find this file".

I have tried all of the obvious steps of updating Settings -> Sources to include the folder containing all the source material (E:\Photos)

Being understandably reluctant to give up completely on my work I discovered that the file format is SQLite and so managed to open the database using DB Browser for SQLite. The table Folder reveals the list below. I have tried various SQL scripts to try to correct the references to point to E:\Photos, all of which have failed.

When first opening the database to view the folders I also receive a message stating I have missing collating sequences. I've been told this is because the database is using collating sequences that are missing in DB Browser.

Can anyone please suggest how to correct the references in the database so that Windows 10 Photo App is able to find my photos?

Carlo, Jul 31, 2020
  4. KobeShi Win User

Windows photo app We can't find this file. How I can recover my video with all the pictures...

Error: We can't find this file, when opening Videos from Photos app

I tried the steps and they didn't help. I previously tried repairing and even deleting the reinstalling the app. It worked for a while but all my photos and videos were gone. And it was a wasted effort anyway because now everything just says We can't find
    this file. Oh, and now the media I added is gone.

KobeShi, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows photo app We can't find this file. How I can recover my video with all the pictures... - Similar Threads - photo app can't

2. How can I recover my deleted pictures and videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover my deleted pictures and videos?: I wanted to transfer some pictures from my Windows 11 Home laptop to my iPhone 12, so I used an USB cable to connect them. But then I clicked into "This PC" > "Apple iPhone" > "Internal Storage", I found the pictures and videos that is supposed to be on my phone. I thought...
  3. How can I recover my deleted pictures and videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover my deleted pictures and videos?: I wanted to transfer some pictures from my Windows 11 Home laptop to my iPhone 12, so I used an USB cable to connect them. But then I clicked into "This PC" > "Apple iPhone" > "Internal Storage", I found the pictures and videos that is supposed to be on my phone. I thought...
  4. How can I recover my deleted pictures and videos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photo App Video Editor Pasting Video Clips: We can't find this file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Video Editor Pasting Video Clips: We can't find this file.: Hello,When video clips are copied from one video project and pasted into second video project they are playable and you can finish/download the video. But when you return to the second video project after closing it, the previously pasted clip cannot be played, and reads "We...
  6. Can't find/recover pictures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find/recover pictures.: I had a folder with everything from my old laptop on it, but had to delete it to free up disk space. Before I did that I made sure the pictures from my old laptop wouldn't be deleted, just everything else. I can't find that folder anymore even though I'm sure it wasn't...
  7. Can't find my pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find my pictures and videos: Couple months ago it might be a year now I don't remember exactly windows wanted me to update but I delayed it for some time but it started harrasing my game etc so I updated it and after that when I opened my folder I found out almost every file of my pictures went missing...
  8. Windows Video- "we can't find this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Video- "we can't find this file": I made a long video on Microsoft Photos/ Video by importing pictures and clips from various file locations. I never backed up the video. One day I decided to reorganize mu pictures/ videos and I moved them around within my files. Subsequently when I tried to open my video, it...
  9. Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

Windows photo app video editor "can't find file": I started a video project and then when I came back to work on it again, it says "can't find files" and everything is gone. The files themselves haven't moved. I recently updated my laptop - could this be the issue? Where should I expect to find the file. Can this be...
  10. Error: We can't find this file, when opening Videos from Photos app

Error: We can't find this file, when opening Videos from Photos app: So microsoft photos has been acting strangely lately. All the videos I added a week or so before now say We can't find this file. So i tried adding the folder in which the file was in, but it actually DOESN'T HAVE THE FILES I downloaded. But when I go to the SAME folder in...