Windows 10: windows photo app wont open

Discus and support windows photo app wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the app wont open and I cant find help or answers on the web. any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mhjhj, Sep 6, 2018.

1. mhjhj Win User

windows photo app wont open

the app wont open and I cant find help or answers on the web. any ideas?

:)

mhjhj, Sep 6, 2018
  2. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Angela Pun Win User
    Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Sayan_Ghosh Win User

Photos wont open files

Hello Bron,

We apologize for the delay in response from our end. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

As an initial recommendation, before you uninstall the App, I would suggest you to deploy the App troubleshooter from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Now, to be able to uninstall the Photo App, refer to the below steps.

• First, open PowerShell as administrator.
    • Open the Start menu, search for “PowerShell,” right-click the PowerShell shortcut, and select “Run as administrator.” Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type in the following powershell command to uninstall the Photo App.

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Download and install the Photo App from the below link:

Microsoft Photos
    Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel fre to write to us and w eowuld be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. windows photo app wont open - Similar Threads - photo app wont

2. Issue opening photos from photos APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue opening photos from photos APP: Hi Need help on this issue which am having. I am not able to access photos from Microsoft photo APP ( Win 10 ), getting this error msg "system error xxx-xxx-xxxx196) I am able to access the photos on other APP but only on this app I get error. I don't want to restore the...
  3. Windows Settings App wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings App wont open: After turning on the computer and attempting to open, the Settings app, Windows Updates and Uninstall or repair a program ( that's all i know of at this stage) they open a blank screen for ~3seconds then close. I have attempted the Powershell command line fix however have...
  4. microsoft store app wont open

microsoft store app wont open: microsoft store apps does not open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/microsoft-store-app-wont-open/37c4d401-9659-4236-9516-c3492be66a8f
  5. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2
  6. Mail App Wont Open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Wont Open: Has windows 10 mail app going for 4 weeks, but today I cannot even open it. I see a windows try to open then closes quickly. I've uninstalled using powershell then reinstalled from the windows 10 store, but same problem. any ideas? 46388
  7. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342
  8. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...
  9. Open with another app 'photos'

Open with another app 'photos': When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like...
  10. Windows Apps store wont open...

Windows Apps store wont open...: hello, so i was looking for a google drive app on the app store and found some... tried to install it... i logged in my account and poof! the app store just closed and when i tried to open it again, it wont open anymore, just keeps crashing... i've tried deleting the...