Windows 10: Windows photo closes on trim tool

Discus and support Windows photo closes on trim tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The photo app just closes right after I open the trimmer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by beraldo31, Aug 30, 2021.

1. beraldo31 Win User

Windows photo closes on trim tool

The photo app just closes right after I open the trimmer

:)

beraldo31, Aug 30, 2021

2. Crop tool Photos App not working

Thank you for the information.

To help us isolate this further, kindly provide us the following information.

• What changes have you made prior to this issue?
    • To which program are you exactly using the crop tool? Photos App or Office 2016?
    • You mentioned crop tool is not working properly when Photos App is used. Have you tried to close it, and check if the issue persists?

If you are only experiencing the issue with Office 2016, kindly run the repair Office application by referring to the steps listed on this

link

However, if you are encountering it with Photos App only, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Aug 30, 2021
  3. navtnn Win User
    Video trimming is not working

Hello, I have tried to trim a MP4 file using both Photos and Movies & TV.

After I choose a part and click "trim", the trimming window closes off by itself and the trimmed video is saved but does not play/show anything.

I tried again and again with other MP4 files but it does not work. Please help.

Thank you.

navtnn, Aug 30, 2021
  4. RS Z28 Win User

Precisely trim in photos app

Right click on the photo and select edit or open with and select Paint (NOT PAINT 3D)

You can easily select a resolution and then use the cutting tool to trim how you want it.

Editing Photos in Paint - Resolutions-Resizing, Adding Text and More

If you need more help on the trimming, just ask. But this website has issues with posting comments. So check back if you ask for help by refreshing the page on occasion and see if I updated this comment with new info.

RS Z28, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows photo closes on trim tool - Similar Threads - photo closes trim

2. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  3. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  4. Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim: Hello I've been trying to trim a recording and when I trim the front so it starts later on in the recording it works just fine. However when i try to also trim the end so it ends earlier as soon as I click the trim thing the app just closes....
  5. Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim

Windows photo app closes after attempting to trim: Hello I've been trying to trim a recording and when I trim the front so it starts later on in the recording it works just fine. However when i try to also trim the end so it ends earlier as soon as I click the trim thing the app just closes....
  6. Trim FPS in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  7. Trim FPS in Photos

Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  8. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows Photos Trimming not working

Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  10. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c