Windows 10: windows photo enhancer only working selectively

Discus and support windows photo enhancer only working selectively in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there! I noticed when trying to edit some recent photos that windows photo enhancer would not work. The bar still moves across but no enhancement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pitstop Pippa, Sep 20, 2019.

1. windows photo enhancer only working selectively

Hi there!

I noticed when trying to edit some recent photos that windows photo enhancer would not work. The bar still moves across but no enhancement follows. It's just the original filter that doesn't work, all the others (that I never use!) are fine. And just to complicate matters, the enhancer still works on older photos and pics my partner uploads from his mob (I only use an actual camera).

I've had this problem in the past and it eventually resolved itself but obviously I have no idea when that might happen or even if it will.

It's a total nuisance that it won't work on my latest photos as I've not changed my camera or the way I upload and need this function for work purposes and don't have the luxury of waiting for it to resolve itself.

I've checked for updates and all is fine there.

Any ideas or low tech help would be much appreciated.

:)

Pitstop Pippa, Sep 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Photo App Enhance

Hello Jana,

To turn off the auto-enhance feature of the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start and type Photos then hit
      Enter
    • On the lower left side panel, click Settings.
    • Under Automatically enhance my photos, just move the slider to
      Off.

Hope this helps.

Devlin Sco, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Windows-10-Photo Enhance not working

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

perform the steps that I leave in the following links to solve your problem

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-photos...

https://www.maketecheasier.com/photos-app-not-w...

https://windowsreport.com/windows-photo-enhance...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Sep 20, 2019
  4. windows photo enhancer only working selectively

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

windows photo enhancer only working selectively

1. windows photo enhancer only working selectively - Similar Threads - photo enhancer working

2. Store selected photos only on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store selected photos only on Onedrive: My new pc with Windows 11 is driving me nuts. I want to upload photos onto the PC but I do not want the photos to go onto Onedrive automatically as they take up too much room. I want to be able to choose which photos are stored in Onedrive with the rest only being stored on...
  3. Store selected photos only on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store selected photos only on Onedrive: My new pc with Windows 11 is driving me nuts. I want to upload photos onto the PC but I do not want the photos to go onto Onedrive automatically as they take up too much room. I want to be able to choose which photos are stored in Onedrive with the rest only being stored on...
  4. The 'enhance' button on Windows Photos STILL not working.

The 'enhance' button on Windows Photos STILL not working.: The enhance function on Windows Photos used to be an incredibly useful function until, last year, it ceased to function. It still exists on the screen; it still does absolutely nothing. There are plenty of other threads about this which are also all characterised by a...
  5. "Enhance your photo" in Photos still doesn't work

"Enhance your photo" in Photos still doesn't work: Summary: the Enhance Your Photo feature in Windows 10 isn't working. Effectively I have the same problem as described by the original poster of this thread. I tried the suggestion made by Vijay Verma: I have come to know for the first time that 1709 has also this problem...
  6. Photos app enhance not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app enhance not working: Since the latest update to Photos app enhance doesn't work for many customers. Anyone seeing the same? 1909 is what I am running. Thx. submitted by /u/dhimansumit4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw903u/photos_app_enhance_not_working/
  7. Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App

Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App: Good morning all. Got in touch with @MicrosoftHelps via Twitter who suggested downloading an add on called Photos Media Engine Add-on.Downloaded it this morning and have tried the enhance feature on a good few different photos from different folders etc.Pleased to say all...
  8. Enhance photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enhance photos: The enhance feature on the edit in photos is no longer working, all other edits are working fine. I remember and seeing the posts below that the same happened a couple of years back and took sometime to get back working again. Anyone having the same problem?...
  9. Windows-10-Photo Enhance not working

Windows-10-Photo Enhance not working: Within the past week my Windows-10-Photo enhance is not working. Is anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-enhance-not-working/9f033835-6fc7-4e19-a2cd-aaa3cfd08d5d
  10. Enhance function is not working in Windows Photo Editor

Enhance function is not working in Windows Photo Editor: The Enhance function is not working in my Windows 10 Photo Viewer/Editor. Used to be that you could use the enhance feature in the photo editor to automatically enhance a photo but now it doesn't do anything. The other features seem to work properly. It hasn't worked for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enhance filter not working