Windows 10: Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

Discus and support Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Further to my previous post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BorderReiver, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

Further to my previous post (https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/140227-windows-live-photo-gallery-screen-not-repainting-after-updating.html?140227=#post1738929) about Windows (Live) Photo Gallery, I have discovered the probable cause of the issue. In the previous post, I discovered that the folders in the WLPG pictures library had somehow reverted to folders on the C: drive that no longer existed (and hadn't done so for a couple of years). Having changed them back to their correct locations, I hoped that everything would continue as normal. Today, I find that WLPG has, once again, reverted back to the incorrect library definitions. I find it strange that Windows insists on changing my personal definitions. Does anyone know how I can stop it doing this? How can I ensure that it remembers the correct definitions?
    BR

:)

BorderReiver, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders.

However, I want to be able to work with these files in the file explorer as well. Specifically, I want them in my Pictures library, but they are not there even though I've tried to add the Google Photos folder to my Pictures library.

In File Explorer, I open Google Drive, right-click on Google Photos, and select "Include in Library...Pictures". A pop-up says:

Code:
    Google Photos is already included in the library.
    In the Pictures library, I can try to search for a filename from Google Photos, and it is not there.

How do I view my Google Photos folder in the Pictures library?

jdmuratore, Oct 23, 2019
  4. tincanguy Win User

Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

Transferring pictures from MS Photo gallery to Photos in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. While exporting MS Photo Gallery contents to the Windows 10 Photo App can't be done directly, I stumbled on a way to do it indirectly.

1) Open MS Photo Gallery

2) Click on "select all"

3) Click on "OneDrive". A page titled "Publish on OneDrive" will appear

4) Choose and enter a title in the blank

5) Click on "Publish"

I followed the above procedure and after the nearly one hour it took to download 2298 pictures, voila, they all appeared in the Windows 10 Photo app!

tincanguy, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

1. Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting - Similar Threads - Photo Gallery keeps

2. Scanned pictures are going to the "Gallery" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanned pictures are going to the "Gallery" folder: I use Epson Scan and have indicated that all my Scans go to a particular folder. Since the new update, I now have a "Gallery" folder. Now, all my picture scans are going to the Gallery instead of the folder requested. Why? and How do I change it?...
  3. Scanned pictures are going to the "Gallery" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanned pictures are going to the "Gallery" folder: I use Epson Scan and have indicated that all my Scans go to a particular folder. Since the new update, I now have a "Gallery" folder. Now, all my picture scans are going to the Gallery instead of the folder requested. Why? and How do I change it?...
  4. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  5. cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive: All my pictures from photo gallery and one drive have disappeard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-pictures-in-photo-gallery-or-onedrive/5bdaa0a7-ff66-43a1-b112-37711327bfd3
  6. Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day: Dear Windows Community, One of the most useful tools I utilise to view and arrange photos is through the Pictures Library. By right clicking any space other than the folders in the library and selecting "Arrange by Day", I was able to view all of my photos by day/ date...
  7. Pictures Gallery

Pictures Gallery: I'm currently running Window 10. Recently, I backed up all my files, including Pictures, to Microsoft Cloud. I don't know if there is a correlation, but now, I cannot delete any of my photos! HELP!...
  8. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library: I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders. However, I want to be able to work with these files in the...
  9. Photo Gallery vs Pictures

Photo Gallery vs Pictures: There are more photos in Photo Gallery than in picture files. I tried to back up all my photos in Amazon photos, but not all pictures from Photo Gallery backed up. How do I back up ALL photos?...
  10. Why won't my pictures print in color in Photo Gallery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my pictures print in color in Photo Gallery?: Why won't my pictures print in color in Photo Gallery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-pictures-print-in-color-in-photo/ee6e0d3d-8367-48c2-a99a-ae824d7c597c