Windows 10: Windows photo Video editing Apps and NO MP4 Sound

Discus and support Windows photo Video editing Apps and NO MP4 Sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After finally being bullied into updating to Windows 10 I can't believe how many basic problems it has. But what is driving me nuts is the missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Megalopsychos99, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Windows photo Video editing Apps and NO MP4 Sound

After finally being bullied into updating to Windows 10 I can't believe how many basic problems it has.

But what is driving me nuts is the missing sound issue on MP4's

Looking that the forums on here I can find thread after thread the oldest from 2015!

Not one seems to offer a solution, they just say go through all the generic windows checks updates etc, and everyone replies that doesn't work. This problem has been around for half a decade and MS still ships brand new versions of the software that won't play sound on half the videos in existence.

I used to love MS products because everything just used to work now days you get something with less functionality no TV tuner and less reliability that everyone is to scared to update.

Now that I've finished my Rant if someone could tell me how to fix this issue besides telling me to run update which I've done I would be eternally grateful.

I've also gone through all the MS tools on fixing sound problems, but the don't work, probably because it isn't a sound problem it's a windows problem.

Sound is fine on third party apps, YouTube etc.

Originally sound playback was missing on windows windows media player but I fixed that by installing third party codecs, but this did not fix the issue on video editing software, edit an MP4 and the resulting video has no sound.

:)

Megalopsychos99, Mar 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 MP4 No Sound

I have a set of MP4 videos (created using OBS Studio to create FLV files, and VLC to convert from FLV to MP4).

Playing the MP4 videos in VLC works fine. Playing the videos with Photos or Movies & TV plays the video, but with no sound. I've confirmed that the app's audio is not muted, and the files work okay in VLC.

I've tried downloading and installing the
    K-Lite codec pack
    and restarting my computer, but the videos remain silent in my Windows video applications.

My end goal is to edit these files into a longer video. I gather that the recommended way to do that is using the Photos application. So if there's a better way to edit video on Windows, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer.

KevinWorkman, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app

I'm pretty sure this is a new issue that appeared with the latest updates. I have Windows 10 feature update version 2004 and cummulative update for X64 KB4566782.

I am not able to view some .mp4 videos in Photos or Windows Media Player. The audio works, but the video doesn't. I tried updating my codecs with the

K-Lite Codec Pack
    , which was referenced on several help forums, but this only partly solved the problem. After updating these codecs, I now do see thumbnails of the videos in Windows Explorer, and if I change the extension from ".mp4" to ".video" (as suggested
    by K-Lite), the video opens in Windows Media Player. But it still doesn't open in the Photos app, so I also can't edit it with the Photos app. When I keep the .mp4 extension, I can't open it in either app. These videos are downloaded from my Android Motorola
    phone. I have other older .mp4 videos that work fine.

Benjamen W, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Windows photo Video editing Apps and NO MP4 Sound

Can't edit text in Video Editor App

Can't edit or add text in any Video frame or title card.

I have tried following steps:

1. Upgrading Windows to latest build
    2. Repairing the Photos App
    3. Re-installing the Photos App
    None of the above steps worked for me. Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

faizan8684, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows photo Video editing Apps and NO MP4 Sound

1. Windows photo Video editing Apps and NO MP4 Sound - Similar Threads - photo Video editing

2. MP4 Editing with Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 Editing with Video Editor: I am trimming a lot of videos as an instructor. I want to reset the app that "plays/opens" mp4 files to the video editor that comes with Windows 10. I cannot find any way to do this. There is no "open with" option on the menu below. The default apps under Settings will not...
  3. EDITING A MP4 VIDEO -IS POSSIBLE ON WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EDITING A MP4 VIDEO -IS POSSIBLE ON WINDOWS: Is it possible to edit a video recording on windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-a-mp4-video-is-possible-on-windows/f9b7b9bf-72c6-4e21-8292-e3b57d14427d
  4. Editing deleting sections of an mp4 video in MS Windows 10 Photos Video Editor increases...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing deleting sections of an mp4 video in MS Windows 10 Photos Video Editor increases...: Why does editing deleting sections of an mp4 video in MS Windows 10 Photos Video Editor actually increase the size of final video by 3 times!? I started out with 795,539 kb and ended up with 2,822,908 kb....
  5. Cannot edit videos with Photo App

Cannot edit videos with Photo App: Hi, the photo app in my new acer swift3 laptop does not allow any video edit functions, unlike my previous Acer laptop. I've tried several things: 1 Check windows update several times to confirm that I have all latest patches updated 2 Tried to install Photo app again, but...
  6. Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app

Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app: I'm pretty sure this is a new issue that appeared with the latest updates. I have Windows 10 feature update version 2004 and cummulative update for X64 KB4566782. I am not able to view some .mp4 videos in Photos or Windows Media Player. The audio works, but the video...
  7. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  8. Photos App not working for video editing

Photos App not working for video editing: After spending an hour editing a video, when I tried to complete it like I have many times I got an error message about disk space. I have plenty of disk space so I did a restart. I tried to complete the video again and got error message 0x887A0005 that I need to update my...
  9. Photos app - creation or editing of videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app - creation or editing of videos: I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home 1903 version not an "N" version as far as I can see. The Photos app does not allow the creation or editing of videos, despite updating the app. This is really important to me. Is there a media pack or something else I can...
  10. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...