Windows 10: Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files

Discus and support Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I had recently bought a Canon EOS RP, they have a RAW file system that is CR3. Windows photo viewer had never made me download a CR3 processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RupertNorth, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files

Hi all,I had recently bought a Canon EOS RP, they have a RAW file system that is CR3. Windows photo viewer had never made me download a CR3 processor until after their most recent update. After downloading the app, all my photos now come out clear for a few seconds then come out really distorted and over exposed, but on the camera and other photo editing apps it comes out perfectly fine. I really need help ASAP because I have huge assessments for school that have to do with photography. I hope you all have a nice day. P.S.I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 2-in-1 if that helps.

:)

RupertNorth, Jul 29, 2021
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jul 29, 2021
  3. meebers Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files

Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw (CR2) photo files

Hello,

I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will
    look normal for about 2 seconds, and then once it fully loads, the photo gets distorted. The distortion is always something with the colors, in which the hues change slightly and the photo resolution becomes more grainy, and in certain cases, the photo will
    also become stretched. I can't seem to find any other comments on people having this same issue as everyone else's seems to be that they can't view the files in the first place.

Please help.

Thanks.

Venture_Dave, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files

1. Windows photo viewer and why it is distorting my CR3 files - Similar Threads - photo viewer why

2. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  3. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  4. Windows 10 & CR3 raw file extension

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 & CR3 raw file extension: I am running Windows 10.0.19044.2075, updated yesterday. In my administrator account I installed Microsoft Store & installed the CR3 raw file extension & I can view thumbnails in Windows Explorer, everything works fine. However, I use a standard user account for security...
  5. Windows Photos on Windows 10 slow on loading image orientation data on .cr3 files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos on Windows 10 slow on loading image orientation data on .cr3 files: I'm currently having issues with opening portrait .cr3 files on the Windows photo app. For portrait oriented photos ie. orientation set to rotate 90 degrees it loads the file as a landscape shot first at 75% size, then adjusts to the correct orientation and size with an...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files

Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files: Hello, I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will look normal...
  7. Canon cr2+cr3 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon cr2+cr3 files: I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr2cr3-files/daec7058-3dc4-44b2-a7ab-07afa8ba0845
  8. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  9. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  10. DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer: How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer? 57546