Windows 10: Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10

Discus and support Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been through various forums and haven't found what I'm looking for save for 'download infranware' or whatever it's called. Long of the short.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spyghst, Apr 26, 2017.

1. spyghst Win User

Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10

I've been through various forums and haven't found what I'm looking for save for 'download infranware' or whatever it's called.

Long of the short.

I want to be able to use the xp 'windows picture and fax viewer' to scroll through images in the order they're in, in my windows explorer file (not just alphabetically which is what it does now) on my windows 10 pc OR get windows photo viewer from windows 7 to play gifs.

Finally if I can't get either of those, looking to somehow use the forward/back side buttons on my mouse in the windows 10 current photo viewer. (miss the scrolling photo scanning with the wheel but see how it messes with zoom in/out)

I have both the 7 windows photo viewer and xp windows picture and fax viewers, but troubleshooting on various forums haven't gotten any results. The best I got was getting windows 7 to scoll through images in the order I wanted (how they are in their folder) with a registry fix from a different forum on this site. Anyone able to help?

:)

spyghst, Apr 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 Email App crashing how do I fix it?

Same here.

It happens with Microsoft.Photos.exe (Windows 10 Photo Viewer) too when I try to open an animated gif.

Can you try it?

Cthulhu1920, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Greg [MSFT], Apr 26, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Can you explain what you mean by the order they are in?

By using the sort by option you can change the sort order in windows to be "date taken" order which is possibly what you mean.

Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10 [​IMG]

If you then right click on the image and open with the current Windows Photo viewer it will open at that image and you can scroll left and right keeping to the new order in the file explorer window.

philc43, Apr 26, 2017
  5. spyghst Win User
    So right now, when i open the folder my images and such display in date modified descending (newest at the top older as they go down). When I open the images with the xp windows picture and fax viewer (which 'works' and plays animated gifs) when I scroll left or right/arrows or what have you, the sorting it pics is always alphabetical. Does that make sense? When I use windows 7 photo viewer, the pictures are in order but just show the first frame of a gif image, not animated.

spyghst, Apr 26, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    What happens if you use the Windows built in Photo app to view?

philc43, Apr 26, 2017
  7. spyghst Win User
    Windows 10 photo app works fine (images display how they're sorted in the windows explorer folder) However in slideshow format they don't play animated gifs. I also just dislike the user interface. I miss the scroll wheel to go up/down in images/being able to use the front/back buttons on the side of my mouse to go through files in lieu of having to actually click the arrows on the program or use my keyboard.

spyghst, Apr 26, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Sorry but I don't think I can help you solve this problem. If you haven't already done so I suggest that you provide some feedback to MS and ask them to include animated gif playback into their photo app.

philc43, Apr 26, 2017
  9. clam1952 Win User
    Irfanview will show animated gifs and will scroll through the images in folder in order using mouse wheel or left or right arrow and play the animations in slideshow.

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10 - Similar Threads - photo viewer animate

2. Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?: Hey! So I've been using Windows Photo Viewer for my job for years now to view and print TIFF files. Out of nowhere today, suddenly printing from Windows Photo Viewer only prints part of a document (either just the left side, sometime the right side, sometimes both). I know...
  3. Animated Wallpaper or GIF wallpaper

Animated Wallpaper or GIF wallpaper: Does anyone know how to get some nice animated or gif wallpapers on windows 10 because I've seen some YouTubers have nice wallpapers and when I watch videos on how to get them and use the link they provide I am not able to do it Any help is grateful. submitted by /u/Atharvt...
  4. How do you get win10's windows photo viewer to play animated gifs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you get win10's windows photo viewer to play animated gifs?: I am aware that the win 10 version of windows photo viewer doesnt support playing animated gifs the way the win 7 photo viewer does. But i know that theres a way to get it to do this (no, not by using another program like irfanview or whatever). I just cant remember what the...
  5. Set animated gif as lockscreen

Set animated gif as lockscreen: Hi, today I discovered that you can change the windows startup sound, so I changed it to the sound of a car starting up. Now I want to set my lock screen to an animated gif of a car’s dashboard. How can I do so if possible? submitted by /u/Jammer313908 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation

Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation: 3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***Modified title from: 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***...
  7. Avatars (Animated gif)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avatars (Animated gif): I don't wanna hi-jack Stephanie's thread so I created this thread for animated avatars. @gregrocker , here is your request. [img] Hope this will do... Creating animated avatar is easy. Anyone can do it online for FREE. The only tricky part is creating the...
  8. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...
  9. Animated GIF Support Comes to Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Animated GIF Support Comes to Mail app in Windows 10: In the 71st episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez announce the support of animated GIFs in Windows 10 Mail, the resolution of image gaps bug in Outlook.com and Office 365, faking video in email with CSS animated sprites, and more....
  10. Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer: Hi, I usually have both .jpg and .nef files on my SD cards when reading them into the pc. In win8, I could setup the folder to be sorted by file type, and then browse the .jpg files to check focus/colors. Now, when I group the folder into .jpg and .nef files and check the...