Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update I can not seem to use IrfanView 64 anymore as my default photo viewer. It has been taken from my list of apps, I am given a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hAlCoMpUtEr, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default

Since the last update I can not seem to use IrfanView 64 anymore as my default photo viewer. It has been taken from my list of apps, I am given a small selection including windows store. It seems Microsoft have blocked me from using IrfanView 64 as my default. The Microsoft Windows 10 Photo App Is the worst Photo viewer I have ever used and I am not happy with the selection I have been given to choose from. Does someone have an answer to this?

:)

hAlCoMpUtEr, Mar 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Taras Win User
    Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

I'm not making any headway on answers.Microsoft.com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as the default image viewer (in build 10240). From all outward appearances, it seems Windows Photo Viewer is unavailable.

The saga is explained in detailed words and colorful pictures here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-83ece717ddfb

If that's too tl;dr for you, here are the bullet points:

• Windows Photo Viewer is never listed as an option when using "Open with".
    • "Open with" lets you browse the disk and manually select the desired program. I navigated to "\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer" but it contains no program there other than "Imaging Devices" (wrong). Choosing "PhotoViewer.dll" produces an error message.
    • In Control Panel's "Default Program", Windows Photo Viewer is shown to be associated with TIF files and nothing else. Attempts to set JPG to use Windows Photo Viewer fail because, again, its program folder only contains "Imaging Devices" (and the dll).

In an attempt to fix this problem, I used the "nuclear option" and Reset the PC. After Windows 10 (TH1 10240) reinstalled itself, I still couldn't select Windows Photo Viewer to be the default image viewer.

Suggestions to fix this?

Taras, Mar 13, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default

1. Windows Photo Viewer App 14 March 2019 Default - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer App

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. Photo Viewer app???

Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  5. An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos: Hello Sir, My name is Ronak Savla, I have windows 10 pro, I get an problem as I start my computer for some work, I see the default app is changed from windows photo viewer which I installed as an registry file and it changes to default photo app. Can you give me any...
  6. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  7. How to make Windows photo viewer as default photo app as of 12/8/2018?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows photo viewer as default photo app as of 12/8/2018?: With recent windows update (1809), I can't make default app for certain image type with "Open With..." and checkbox of "Always open this type of file with this app", which happen to be Windows photo viewer. Although this was an inconvenient method to make an app as a...
  8. Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer

Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer: Hello Friends! Firstly, thank you Shawn @Brink for taking the time to share your expertise with us all and amongst other things, compile an extensive and thorough list of Windows 10 Help Tutorials. I've read your 'How to Choose Default Apps to Open Files with in Windows...
  9. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812
  10. Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).: I'm not making any headway on answers.Microsoft.com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as the default image viewer (in build 10240). From all outward appearances, it seems Windows Photo Viewer is...