Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Photoshop

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Photoshop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Adobe Camera Raw. PC : Desktop, Windows 10 Home 64b. 20H2. Image: RAW files post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diano, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Diano Win User

Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Photoshop

Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Adobe Camera Raw.

PC : Desktop, Windows 10 Home 64b. 20H2.
    Image: RAW files post processed by Photoshop & saved as TIFF images.

Notes for this PC :
    1. Used only for processing photographs. Nothing else.
    2. Not connected to internet except update manually.
    3. Only one 3rd party APP, Photoshop, installed.

The incident:
    On Mar 5 2021,while editing a RAW file in ACR(Adobe Camera Raw), something happened suddenly,the image became extremely large, so large that it was illegible, & the PC became dead.

Restarted the PC & continued the RAW file processing in ACR. Everything seemed normal. And, as usual, saved the edited images in TIFF format.

But, not everything normal when the images were opened by Windows Photo Viewer, it could not & still cannot show the colours that had been edited by ACR.

When a TIFF image was opened by Windows Photo Viewer, the image was, for about 0.5 second, as good as it had been edited by ACR, then it became dull, brightness reduced and colours became dull, blue became dark grey, for example.

Is it a Windows Photo Viewer issue?
    I am not a computer expert. I do not know.
    But the following facts tell something:
    1.Since the XP years until today, I always view my images in Windows Photo Viewer. Never had any problems until the above said incident happened on Mar. 5, 2021.
    2.After Mar.5, I tried to view the same images in other image-viewers, Faststone for example, everything is as normal as edited by ACR.
    I, therefore, guess the issue is due to Windows Photo Viewer. This is only a layman's assumption. Beg your pardon first if I am wrong.

Help me get rid of this trouble, please. Grateful to everyone trying to help.

:)

Diano, Mar 24, 2021
  2. Dutch Win User

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Hello again. You are correct about that, meaning, I did state I had tried "open with".

Turns out, by simply using "open with" the problem was not solved. By taking the extra step after selecting "open with" and not selecting Photoshop there as one would expect to work, but instead selecting "choose another app" and then selecting Photoshop listed there, the setting held. It's certainly a convoluted way of selecting one's desired photo viewer.

Thanks again.

Dutch, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Colour Cast on Images in Windows Photo Viewer

Images in Windows Photo Viewer now have -since about a week ago - a yellow-ish colour cast. How can I correct this?

RobertGrant4, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Photoshop - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer does

2. Why does Event Viewer show the timestamp in the list correctly, but the general section...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Event Viewer show the timestamp in the list correctly, but the general section...: On boot, immediately after crash, I get this error code saying the shutdown was unexpected. Error 4/13/2023 6:39:50 PM EventLog 6008 NoneGenreal :The previous system shutdown at 6:13:30 PM on ‎4/‎13/‎2023 was unexpected.Details XML:- <Event...
  3. Why does Event Viewer show the timestamp in the list correctly, but the general section...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Event Viewer show the timestamp in the list correctly, but the general section...: On boot, immediately after crash, I get this error code saying the shutdown was unexpected. Error 4/13/2023 6:39:50 PM EventLog 6008 NoneGenreal :The previous system shutdown at 6:13:30 PM on ‎4/‎13/‎2023 was unexpected.Details XML:- <Event...
  4. Windows Photo Viewer background colour.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer background colour.: Three PC's.When clicking an image to open it the background is black.....surrounding the image.On the third PC it is white.How do I change it to black?Please!...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer background colour.

Windows Photo Viewer background colour.: Three PC's.When clicking an image to open it the background is black.....surrounding the image.On the third PC it is white.How do I change it to black?Please!...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Photoshop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Photoshop: Windows Photo Viewer does not show correct colours edited by Adobe Camera Raw. PC : Desktop, Windows 10 Home 64b. 20H2. Image: RAW files post processed by Photoshop & saved as TIFF images. Notes for this PC : 1. Used only for processing photographs. Nothing else. 2. Not...
  7. background colours correction

in Windows 10 Customization
    background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  8. Microsoft photo viewer does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photo viewer does not work: or whatever it's name is, the default app that opens photos doesn't work at all, when I click on any photo it's says "the app didn't start" Add to Phrasebook No word lists for English -> Arabic... Create a new word list... Copy I "repaired" it and "reset" it nothing...
  9. My photo viewer does not show the pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photo viewer does not show the pictures: My photo viewer does not show the pictures. I click on the extra large view button and nothing happens, so I clicked on the large view button, on and on but none of the pictures show up. How can I get that fixed?...
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...