Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer error

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cough. Hi there fellow forumers. I need your help. I've already know this problem of mine is a rather common problem among Windows 10 users. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MephistoPheles, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Windows Photo Viewer error

Cough. Hi there fellow forumers. I need your help. I've already know this problem of mine is a rather common problem among Windows 10 users. When I wish to open a picture with our good old Windows Photo Viewer, simply nothing happens or even if something does happen, that's an error message that's it.

Windows Photo Viewer error [​IMG]

Windows Photo Viewer error [​IMG]

It's not like there is a problem with the new "Photos" app but it's quite slow compared to the old one and crashes more frequent than it should...
    Is there any way to solve my problem? I'd be really grateful if some could help me out.
    Thank you very much for your effort.

:)

MephistoPheles, Aug 2, 2015
  2. CFMoore Win User

After installing the November update to Windows 10, Photo Viewer no longer works.

As I was testing functions about a successful November (3gb) update to Win10, Windows Photo Viewer would not open pictures. The error message said that it could not find "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\Photo Viewer.dll" It was my default viewer.

First I searched Answers with no help. Then I started testing all the photo viewers on my machine. (All my picture files are jpg.) I right-clicked on pictures, selected Open With and was given a choice of Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Paint, Photo,
    Windows Live Photo Gallery, and Windows Photo Viewer. I proceeded to use each of these in turn to see what would be a good alternative if I could not get Photo Viewer to work.

I repeated the tests with several different pictures. After about three hours, the Open With option Photo Viewer disappeared.

His something wrong with my software, or has Microsoft deliberately disabled Windows Photo Viewer to force the use of the Photo app?

CFMoore, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Vashnik Win User
    Setting Defaults Broken: Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Here is what Windows Photo Viewer shows that it supports:

Snaggy - easy screenshots

Windows Photo Viewer can be from the "Choose default apps by file type." In fact, here is the list of Windows Photo Associations and how they're being associated with in the "Choose default apps by file type" window:

BMP is associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but does not show up as selected in the above screenshot.

DIB is supported by Windows Photo Viewer and is not associated with it, despite Windows Photo Viewer being the default program for photos.

GIF is supported, but is associated with the "Photos" Windows 10 app, now is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JFIF is supported, but is not associated with any application at all, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JPE is supported, but is associated with WavePad Sound Editor, now is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

JPG and JPEG both are associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but does not show as selected in the above screenshot like it's supposed to.

JXR is supported, but is associated with VideoPad Video Editor, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

PNG is associated with Windows Photo Viewer, but not selected in the above screenshot like it's supposed to be.

TIF and TIFF both are associated with Windows Photo Viewer and is selected like in the screenshot above.

WDP is supported, but is associated with VideoPad Video Editor, nor is Windows Photo Viewer showing up as an option.

Vashnik, Aug 2, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows Photo Viewer error

jds63, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer error

1. Windows Photo Viewer error - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer error

2. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo viewer: today when opening up a photo with windows photo viewer i noticed something i did not get the other day. now hen i open up a photo I t says loading on every picture i hit as of Friday i had sent a photo from my email to my desktop and opened it it came right up now that same...
  3. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  4. windows photo viewer

windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photo Viewer Error: Windows Photo Viewer showing negative images for adobe illustrator output Export as screen outputs only. Please rectify this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-error/df46445d-1d2b-4d61-a92f-269f07e0ac4e
  6. WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER

WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER: PHOTO VIEWER is not working today. I have Windows 10 and have been using the Windows Photo Viewer all the time. Today it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-photo-viewer/6354ab2c-b48b-440a-be57-c281a1389cd8
  7. Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Viewer: Windows Photo Viewer freezes every time I upload photos from my iPhone. This has been a problem for months Is it a common problem? This needs to be fixed ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/848f0891-177c-4db4-a03e-7eee4f4a5a81
  8. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows photo viewer: Is it still available to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/9df65b62-bc91-4e3e-a3f0-d40140633415
  9. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  10. error-2147219196 on photo viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error-2147219196 on photo viewer: Photo viewer on windows 10 will not show any photographs. I get error-2147219196. Do I need to re-install viewer, and if so how do I re-install?...