Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I updated to the 2004 update, now when opening an image gif, jpg, png etc. with Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Photo Viewer just freezes up can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sketchiegamer, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update

So I updated to the 2004 update, now when opening an image gif, jpg, png etc. with Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Photo Viewer just freezes up can't scroll to next image, Screen is blank when opening a static image or just freezes on the first frame if opening a gif. It takes about 25 seconds before it is usable.
    The images are stored on a Samsung 970 Evo NVME drive. CPU and RAM usage are pretty much idle.
    CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x 4.25GHz OC, RAM: 16GB DDR-4 3400Mhz OC
    Any ideas of what might be causing it?

submitted by /u/sketchiegamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sketchiegamer, Aug 2, 2020
  2. H3K
    h3k Win User

How to open multiple images in same instance of Photo Viewer?

Wow, thanks a lot for replying so quickly! In other forums I sometimes have to wait for days for a reply Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update :)

I also have Builld 10240 and Windows Photo Viewer is already set as my default program for all picture formats.
    Stepping through all images in a folder works for me but sometimes I only want to select just a few images in a folder (by clicking on each image while holding down CTRL) and step through this selection in Windows Photo Viewer. When I select 5 images in a folder that contains 100 images and I hit enter, 5 instances of Windows Photo Viewer open up.
    Edwin, did I get this right that on your PC this operation only opens one instance of Photo Viewer?

PS: Since English isn't my mother tongue, maybe sometimes my explanations aren't that easy to follow. Please bear with me *Redface

3. Berton Win User
    How to open multiple images in same instance of Photo Viewer?

Rather than use Photos I changed the Open with to Windows Photo Viewer then double-clicking a file in Pictures opened in Windows Photo Viewer which let me click the arrow to step through all the images in that Folder.

Berton, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update

1. Windows Photo Viewer freezes up when opening an image 2004 update - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer freezes

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. Photo Viewer Image Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer opens multiple instances when previewing images

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photo Viewer opens multiple instances when previewing images: [ATTACH]Windows 10 introduced us to the all-new and polished Photos app as its default […] This article Windows Photo Viewer opens multiple instances when previewing images first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer: Hi I like to use Windows Photo App in a FastStone ImageViewer like "Open with" command. I can add all other programs from MIcrosoft Store but not Photos app. Is there any chance to do it? I use this path: C:\Program...
  7. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  8. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  9. Can't open photos on image viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open photos on image viewer: Hey guys, I can't open photos on image viewer from yesterday. [img] Regards. 82902
  10. How to open multiple images in same instance of Photo Viewer?

How to open multiple images in same instance of Photo Viewer?: Hi everyone, this is my first post at the TenForums! *Biggrin Ok, here's my problem: In the previous versions of Windows it was possible to select multiple pictures in a folder and when I hit enter, it opened a single instance of Photo Viewer. Then I could go left or right...