Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all I use windows 10 and Windows Photo Viewer WPV as my photo viewer application The WPV is working fine, but every webp image that I open become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OscarPhilibert, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark

Hi all

I use windows 10 and Windows Photo Viewer WPV as my photo viewer application

The WPV is working fine, but every webp image that I open become much darker than the original.

In the desktop thumbnails, the image is showing true colors, but when opened in WPV is becoming dark you can see the comparisons in picture below

this is the thumbnails view

Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark 988df937-70d8-46cc-8f4f-777d97a46944?upload=true.png

this is when opened with WPV

Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark 65c8e296-a7e5-4a02-b767-8f88ae92918d?upload=true.png

I already tried to download webp codec as many website recommended, but its not working at all. the image is still dark.

Can everybody give me a suggestion? I really need help. Thanks!

:)

OscarPhilibert, Jan 8, 2020

2. Cannot view animated WebP images in Windows Photo Viewer (Windows 7)

I've noticed recently that websites or browsers now show animated image files as WebP images instead of GIFs. Whenever I save them I notice in my folder in Windows Explorer, there is no image preview like there was with GIFs - it's just the generic image
    thumbnail. When I click on the WebP file to open with Windows Photo Viewer, I get an error message saying "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo
    Viewer."

I have right-clicked on the file, chosen "Properties" and then "change" to make Photo Viewer the default program in which to open them, but it still doesn't work. I also saw a codec offered online to install so you can view WebP images in Photo Viewer, but
    that still doesn't work.

Is there any way at all to overcome this? Or am I stuck opening these files only in Google Chrome or other browsers? It's very frustrating that I can see image previews for the GIFs and open them with Photo Viewer but not these files.

JessicaMcEachern1, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Open WebP images on Photos app

Hi

How to Open WebP images on
    Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer.

Siamak5561, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark

Open WebP images on Photos app

Photos support WebP very well on my other device, but I dont know why I can not choose to open webp format on Photos. and already shows in windows photo viewer..

Siamak5561, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark

1. Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer view

2. Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos: Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-photos-be-enabled-to-view-webp/d8646c61-2dd3-414c-b91f-064dd31b8cb9
  3. Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos: Will Microsoft Photos be enabled to view .webp photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-photos-be-enabled-to-view-webp/d8646c61-2dd3-414c-b91f-064dd31b8cb9
  4. Windows Photo Viewer too dark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Viewer too dark: When I go to look at certain pictures in Windows Photo Viewer, they come out so dark I can barely see them. I have tries making various adjustment in color management, but nothing works. I am on a Windows 10 HP laptop. This just started happening, and it only happens with...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer too dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer too dark: When I go to look at certain pictures in Windows Photo Viewer, they come out so dark I can barely see them. I have tries making various adjustment in color management, but nothing works. I am on a Windows 10 HP laptop. This just started happening, and it only happens with...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer too dark

7. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  8. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  9. Open WebP images on Photos app

Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  10. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to view webp extension on windows phone