Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first experienced missing Windows Photo Viewer in 2016 on W10 Pro I found a reg fix on the internet and solved the problem. My recent update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by churin, Dec 12, 2020.

1. churin Win User

Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685

When I first experienced missing Windows Photo Viewer in 2016 on W10 Pro I found a reg fix on the internet and solved the problem.
    My recent update to W10 v.20H2 appears to have removed the Windows Photo Viewer. I ran the reg fix but it no longer worked.
    Is any remedy available?

:)

churin, Dec 12, 2020
  2. tommo Win User

Photo Viewer

I use Windows Photo Viewer and recently it's shortcut in the taskbar disappeared,not sure but could be due to a recent windows update,when I open Photo Viewer from file explorer the shortcut doesn't appear in the taskbar,any way I can resolve this TIA
    Windows Version No 20H2 Build 19042. 662

tommo, Dec 12, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Dec 12, 2020
  4. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685 [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685 - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer missing

2. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  3. MS photo viewer zoom slider missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS photo viewer zoom slider missing: Hello,I have 2 issues with zoom slider in win 10 photo viewer and side slider in my Instagram account is also missing. The issues happened quite at same time.1. MS photo viewer - the zoom slider is missing like the one in the image i found on the net. You can see in the...
  4. MS photo viewer zoom slider missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS photo viewer zoom slider missing: Hello,I have 2 issues with zoom slider in win 10 photo viewer and side slider in my Instagram account is also missing. The issues happened quite at same time.1. MS photo viewer - the zoom slider is missing like the one in the image i found on the net. You can see in the...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685

Windows Photo Viewer missing on W10 20H2 buld 19042.685: When I first experienced missing Windows Photo Viewer in 2016 on W10 Pro I found a reg fix on the internet and solved the problem. My recent update to W10 v.20H2 appears to have removed the Windows Photo Viewer. I ran the reg fix but it no longer worked. Is any remedy...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 update will be based on Build 19042

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 update will be based on Build 19042: Microsoft’s typical update release calendar includes two major updates every year, one in the spring and another one in the fall. Multiple manifest files and Registry entries within Windows 10 May 2020 Update suggests Microsoft is working on another minor incremental update,...
  7. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  8. W10 default photo viewer registry location

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 default photo viewer registry location: W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file. According to the internet this...
  9. Photo Viewer missing

Photo Viewer missing: Even though I tried to open with my photos with the default photo app as Windows Photo Viewer, it’s missing. The only option is Paint 3D and Paint. I am running 1803 and seems to have opened my photos with Windows Photo Viewer a few days ago, but just now, this happened. Is...
  10. Photo Viewer missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Viewer missing: Even though I tried to open with my photos with the default photo app as Windows Photo Viewer, it’s missing. The only option is Paint 3D and Paint. I am running 1803 and seems to have opened my photos with Windows Photo Viewer a few days ago, but just now, this happened. Is...