Windows 10: Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We just bought a new computer that came with Windows 10 installed. From everything I am finding on line, I do not have and cannot install Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BOLOKE, Apr 3, 2021.

1. BOLOKE Win User

Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer

We just bought a new computer that came with Windows 10 installed. From everything I am finding on line, I do not have and cannot install Windows Photo Viewer on this machine. Because we had updated our old machine from Windows 8 to Windows 10, I still had Photo Viewer on that machine. Apparently, however, I cannot put Photo Viewer onto this new machine.

Has anyone found a work around for this annoyance? I much prefer the old Windows Photo Viewer to the current app and will be extremely disappointed if there is no way to get it back.

Thanks for any tips you can share. ------------- Bonnie

:)

BOLOKE, Apr 3, 2021
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer

1. Windows photo viewer on new Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - photo viewer computer

2. windows photo viewer is not opening the new photos that i downloaded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo viewer is not opening the new photos that i downloaded.: photos are opening but the new photos are not. it showing "windows photo viewer cant display the pictures because your memory if full. close some programs that may not be used or reduce your hard disk memory."...
  3. Windows 10 & Windows Photo Viewer

Windows 10 & Windows Photo Viewer: I have a new installation of Windows 10. I notice that the default application for .TIF files is Windows Photo Viewer. How do I make Windows Photo Viewer the default application for .JPG files as well, as I find Windows 10's "Photos" app very poor....
  4. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Running windows 10 using photo viewer, I'd like to know how to set a default setting of full screen view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/8d27fdd5-b8d4-4512-87fc-74a932bf0fcb
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Typical error "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space (if it's almost full), and try again.' - not a memory problem! Only get...
  6. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm trying to run the photo viewer that comes with Win10. It will not even open. When I try to run it I get a message that says "This app can't open." Not sure what to do or what information is needed. Thanks, Art...
  9. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  10. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...