Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Annie Grener, May 21, 2023.

1. Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer folder, placed it in Program Files folder, restarted computer, doesn't work.I have the registry files already which enables it, idk what to do. I'm fustrated.

:)

Annie Grener, May 21, 2023

2. Windows Photo Viewer (The old old) is not working despite me having it

Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer folder, placed it in Program Files folder, restarted computer, doesn't work.

I have the registry files already which enables it, idk what to do. I'm fustrated.

Annie Grener, May 21, 2023
  3. Ruskin Win User
    Print multiple photos in Windows 10 like the old Photo Viewer app could in old Windows 7 / Vista / XP

I want to be able to control which photos to print and at what size -- like you used to be able to in the old Photo Viewer in older versions of Windows rather than the new Metro-style Photos app.

This also has to be in a way that I can explain to a non-technical person over the phone (my Mum).

Options I have considered but don't really want to do:

• Hack the registry to bring back Windows Photo Viewer - not suitable for luddites
    • Create a Word document with the photos in and print that - do-able, but not quick, easy, intuitive or repeatable.

Ruskin, May 21, 2023
  4. robls99 Win User

Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

How delete new Microsoft Photo Viewer and get back my Win Photo Viewer

Thanks guys for all the help. I haven't made the update yet but I am sure your suggestions will do the job.

Like everyone else I HATE IT WHEN MS PULL THIS S@#$.

- - - Updated - - -

I also found this. It worked great:

It's easy to get the trusty old Windows Photo Viewer back -- simply open up Settings and go to System > Default apps. Under "Photo viewer," you should see your current default photo viewer (probably the new Photos app). Click this to see a list of options for a new default photo viewer.
    Choose Windows Photo Viewer and exit the Settings menu, and you're done -- photos will now open up in Windows Photo Viewer.

robls99, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

1. Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer old

2. Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it: Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer folder, placed it in Program Files folder, restarted computer, doesn't work.I have the registry files already which enables it,...
  3. Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer The old old is not working despite me having it: Made a custom Windows 10 ISO with stuff debloated, accidentally removed Photo Viewer, wanted it back, asked my friend for his Windows Photo Viewer folder, placed it in Program Files folder, restarted computer, doesn't work.I have the registry files already which enables it,...
  4. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  5. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  6. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Old Windows Photo viewer freezing with Iphone, works fine w all others

Old Windows Photo viewer freezing with Iphone, works fine w all others: Hi all! Strange issue going on - win 10 updated with the old windows photo viewer added as default Have used the same PC for 6 months using the old photo viewer for pc pictures and with a number of Iphones; import/copy photos mainly. Never any issue viewing, moving, deleting...
  8. Old Windows Photo viewer freezing with Iphone, works fine w all others

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Windows Photo viewer freezing with Iphone, works fine w all others: Hi all! Strange issue going on - win 10 updated with the old windows photo viewer added as default Have used the same PC for 6 months using the old photo viewer for pc pictures and with a number of Iphones; import/copy photos mainly. Never any issue viewing, moving, deleting...
  9. What is the name of this old photo viewer app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the name of this old photo viewer app?: Hey guys, So im trying really hard to remember this old photo viewing app , maybe XP, that could view pictures like a TV wall, kind of like sideways and you could scroll this giant tv wall of photos. I cant remember the name of it, and most of all is it still around? Anybody...
  10. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get the old photo viewer back?: How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable. I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps"...