Windows 10: Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell

Discus and support Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder with four '.jpg' files and a '.mp4' video file. When I double click one of the files, the Windows Photo viewer displays the photo,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joãogomesXS, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell

I have a folder with four '.jpg' files and a '.mp4' video file.

When I double click one of the files, the Windows Photo viewer displays the photo, with the 'next/previous' arrows available.

When launching one of the files using Powershell, the Windows Photo viewer displays the photo, but there are no 'next/previous' arrows available.

Is there any solution to that?

Regards

Windows 10: 10.0.19042

Fotos Microsoft: 2020.20110.11001.0

PSVersion: 7.1.1

:)

joãogomesXS, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Enteen Win User

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Hey all,

I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer.

If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of the 'Play slide show' button, or the directional keys on my keyboard (as I was previously able to do in Windows 8). Windows Photo Viewer is set to be my default viewer for all extensions as well.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help!

Enteen, Feb 6, 2021
  3. rezablade Win User
    Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

I had the exact same problem. I checked the properties of the folder containing the photos, and noticed it was "Read Only". I unchecked the box, and that solved the problem for me.

rezablade, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell

Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell

1. Windows Photo viewer won't show 'next/previous' arrows when file is launched in Powershell - Similar Threads - Photo viewer won't

2. Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions to try if Next or Previous arrows are missing in the Photos App. The latest Windows OS comes with a complete revamp and a new photo viewing application called Microsoft Photos. It is a great upgrade over its predecessor and...
  3. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  4. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  5. Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App viewer, No Next or Previous buttons: Hi,Photos App ver 20H2 since a few month do not have the Next - Previous buttons. It seems folders related!This PC has an external drive attached to it with lots of photos as well the normal "Pictures" folder in the C: drive.Opening or viewing photos in the External drive is...
  6. Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next

Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next: Every month I take all pictures that have been created with the different phones in our household and I put them in one central place. Then I want to quickly go through them and delete the pictures we don't want to keep. Previously I used the Windows Photo Viewer to do this,...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer - next/previous picture...: How can I go to the next picture? Left-Right, or PgUp-PgDn does only work if the zoom is set to the default. I want to zoom and still be able to switch to other pictures without having to reset to default first. submitted by /u/Lausiv_Edisn [link] [comments]...
  8. No arrow to advance to next photo

No arrow to advance to next photo: Hi, There is no arrow to advance to the next photo in a folder. The arrows were there a week ago. Now I have to close the present photo and open the next. That is very tedious and time consuming. I have tried to reset and remove the app. That hat worked either. Does anyone...
  9. Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.: I'm not getting any previous / next arrows in the Photos app when opening a photo within a folder full of photos. The folders have only images in them. The folder optimization is set to "Pictures". Still no arrows in the Photos preview. These folders are linked to my...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...