Windows 10: Windows Photos and Snip and Sketch not working on old User Profile

Discus and support Windows Photos and Snip and Sketch not working on old User Profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10. Auto update on and most recent 1909 installed. However, Snip and sketch, Video Editor and Photos do not work on my user profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimonElvy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. SimonElvy Win User

Windows Photos and Snip and Sketch not working on old User Profile

I have windows 10. Auto update on and most recent 1909 installed. However, Snip and sketch, Video Editor and Photos do not work on my user profile which I have had for some time. Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 8. Photos, Editor and Snip and Sketch work on a new user profile. I have also lost somewhere along the way Windows photo viewer which I guess was replaced by Photos but worked fine. I presume that this all happened as a result of the creative update.

I have reset, uninstalled and reinstalled apps with no success. I have tried trouble shooter but this does not work either. I have looked on the net and at some previous Microsoft Answers which suggest that the only way to fix this is to create a new user profile and migrate everything across. Now this seems a bit of a drastic option given all the saved stuff in the profile passwords, email, permissions, saved, desktop, locations, web etc etc. There is a further problem of course in that I don't know what else is affected until I try to use it.

The snipping tool works OK. But warns me that it's going to be deleted.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to fix this without migrating to a new user profile?

Specifically: Can I get the new apps to work? Can I get Windows Photo Viewer back?

Thank you

:)

SimonElvy, Jan 13, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?

H Kristie

Snip and Sketch is not a Photo Viewer, it is the Photos App in Windows 10 that is the default Photo Viewer

Snip and Sketch is just a screen shot app

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Apps and find the Photos App

Select that, choose Advanced Options - Reset

Then check the functionality of the Photos App . . .

DaveM121, Jan 13, 2020
  3. rgp1942 Win User
    Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Of course. The image will paste fine into other programs. There is some property that is being set that prevents it from pasting in Live Mail. If I recopy it through an intermediate program, it then pastes fine into Live Mail. I would be happy to convert
    to Snip & Sketch if it weren't for this extra step in order to get a snip into an email. I want it to work just like the old Snip Tool does -- copy/paste works fine.

rgp1942, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Windows Photos and Snip and Sketch not working on old User Profile

Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos and Snip and Sketch not working on old User Profile

1. Windows Photos and Snip and Sketch not working on old User Profile - Similar Threads - Photos Snip Sketch

2. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  3. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  4. Snip & Sketch not working

Snip & Sketch not working: I already did to reset the App and reinstall, also restart the machine. Nothing works.You will see on the attached GIF file, when i click to New or ctrl+N the Screen snipping is blank or not working.Windows Specs:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2021...
  5. Snip & Sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not working: I already did to reset the App and reinstall, also restart the machine. Nothing works.You will see on the attached GIF file, when i click to New or ctrl+N the Screen snipping is blank or not working.Windows Specs:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2021...
  6. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes (shown in previous threads) I now find that skip and sketch app does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the snip & sketch screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh,...
  7. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes I now find that skip and sketch does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the...
  8. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snip and sketch not working: my application snip and sketch is not working i can take a screeen shot but it does not get saved i does show on the clipbord when i press win+v but i cant view it plz help me fix this problem -confused AF all the time...
  9. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snip and sketch not working: My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue....
  10. Snip & Sketch Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Not Working: I am a fan of Snip & Sketch, I have been using it since it was out, I immediately ditched the Snipping Tool. Recently, when I am trying to use it, it wouldn't do anything. When I take a screenshot, all it does is show a loading cursor and that's it. It ends right there. So...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snip and sketch the photo does not appear automatically

2. snipp and sketch and snipping tool wont work

3. snip and sketch not working after 1909 upgrade

4. snip and sketch not working windows 10,
  5. snip isnt working,
  6. snip and sketch issues