Windows 10: windows photos app bug

Discus and support windows photos app bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently faced a bug in photos app of windows 10. When the photos app is minimized , and we hover over the photos app's icon in the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasvirDeol, Dec 28, 2018.

1. windows photos app bug

I have recently faced a bug in photos app of windows 10. When the photos app is minimized , and we hover over the photos app's icon in the taskbar and try to close the app just from the small view that is visible by hovering , it does not close .But when we maximize it, it just open and closes immediately automatically i.e our close command only work when we maximize the app. Anybody having same problem..??

:)

JasvirDeol, Dec 28, 2018
    1 person likes this.

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Dec 28, 2018
  4. windows photos app bug

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 28, 2018
  5. EDG
    EDG New Member
    The same thing happens to me. I can not close the photos through the mini windows preview. The same thing happens to other users, so it seems to be a bug in version 1809. I've tried if the same thing happens with another application that is not "Photos", but it seems that there is no problem. Can you check if the same thing happens to you?

6. EDG
    EDG New Member
    Anyone alive here?

Thema:

windows photos app bug

1. windows photos app bug - Similar Threads - photos app bug

2. Photos App Bug - File Destination is not honored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Bug - File Destination is not honored: in Photos App, import images in my case from a connected devicein the 'Import items' interface, select 'Change destination' and select a user-defined folder followed by 'Add this folder to Pictures', select one or more items and activate the importthis works fine. Now close...
  3. Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode: Hello!My windows photos app has a visual bug in the editing mode. Text in some buttons is missing. The buttons work fine, but I don't know what they are doing until I find it out by clicking on them. And in the editing mode with the pen, there is only a black screen and all...
  4. Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode: Hello!My windows photos app has a visual bug in the editing mode. Text in some buttons is missing. The buttons work fine, but I don't know what they are doing until I find it out by clicking on them. And in the editing mode with the pen, there is only a black screen and all...
  5. Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?

Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?: I'm a recent Photos user so I do not know if I am dealing with long-term issues or if they are from the latest update. And I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I am running Win 10 on a HP Envy 360. It has an i7 processor 7th Gen and 16GB of RAM. Win 10 and Photos are both...
  6. Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?: After the update yesterday, often when I open a photo, after a few seconds the photo disappears and there is a text box saying "there is nothing to see here"....
  7. Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?

Windows 11 Photo App Bug With Last Update?: After the update yesterday, often when I open a photo, after a few seconds the photo disappears and there is a text box saying "there is nothing to see here"....
  8. Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the photos in that folder. I cannot open a single photo without it immediately scrolling through to the next ones. I see no setting...
  9. Windows Photos Bug

Windows Photos Bug: I've spent 3 days with tech support trying to fix this bug in microsoft's photo viewer's code, here is the video that I made trying to fix the issue. https://youtu.be/7M6N1ie13u8 Please help or at least acknowledge this is a bug with windows....
  10. Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug

Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug: Dear Microsoft, I'd like to report 2 bugs in the Photos App: 1. When viewing video, if I press Spacebar to start the video, only the audio plays but the video does not play. It should play both video and audio simultaneously, just like if I press the "Play" icon using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos download iphone pics bug