Windows 10: Windows Photos App cannot use user folder.

Discus and support Windows Photos App cannot use user folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos App Can't Access User Folder Data Photos app does not show any picture, doesn't refresh, although picture folder is added to it. Film & TV,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hacker00619, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Windows Photos App cannot use user folder.

Photos App Can't Access User Folder Data​

Photos app does not show any picture, doesn't refresh, although picture folder is added to it. Film & TV, Grove Music also has the same problem. Where opening any File which use windows app to play or view manually using Explorer can be done without any Problem. I have repaired Registry, reset windows store, uninstalled apps using Powershell, , Reinstalled latest version, given permission of "C:\user\Jash" to ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES, every Powershell Command that I found on websites and YouTube including "sfc /scannow" & DISM tool, Still no Change. Installed Registry Fixing software too, but no use. And my disadvantage is I can't update my PC due to limited internet access. Also I have a Problem that i can't visit My Friend due to COVID-19 crisis, As he has better internet connection where is can update my system. Is there any Fix or i should wait for Windows 10 2004 Update. Because I had tried as many fixes available on as many website i can access.​

Windows Photos App cannot use user folder. da30b194-17de-4ba5-87e2-e30afdfd2773?upload=true.png Windows Photos App cannot use user folder. 8645c036-417b-40b2-a3b9-e4d03a9e8922?upload=true.png Windows Photos App cannot use user folder. d63d3956-ace4-4d57-ab26-3098e9e50d3b?upload=true.png

:)

Hacker00619, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Carlo Win User
    Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using the Windows 10 Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos. Every file in the Storyboard shows the sad emoticon and a message stating "We can't find this file".

I have tried all of the obvious steps of updating Settings -> Sources to include the folder containing all the source material (E:\Photos)

Being understandably reluctant to give up completely on my work I discovered that the file format is SQLite and so managed to open the database using DB Browser for SQLite. The table Folder reveals the list below. I have tried various SQL scripts to try to correct the references to point to E:\Photos, all of which have failed.

When first opening the database to view the folders I also receive a message stating I have missing collating sequences. I've been told this is because the database is using collating sequences that are missing in DB Browser.

Can anyone please suggest how to correct the references in the database so that Windows 10 Photo App is able to find my photos?

Carlo, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Windows Photos App cannot use user folder.

Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos App cannot use user folder.

1. Windows Photos App cannot use user folder. - Similar Threads - Photos App cannot

2. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  3. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  4. Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos: Inserted a brand new USB stick into my computer to transfers photos onto it. Laptop detects that the USB stick is present. But when I go to click on it and begin moving photos over to it. I get the message "please update your device's settings to accept media transfers" The...
  5. Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos

Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos: Inserted a brand new USB stick into my computer to transfers photos onto it. Laptop detects that the USB stick is present. But when I go to click on it and begin moving photos over to it. I get the message "please update your device's settings to accept media transfers" The...
  6. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  7. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  8. Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10: Hello - I cannot access my photos using microsoft Photos app windows 10 the problem appears to be associated with no access to microsoft store at all. I have tried all the fixes recommended but still no joy. Can anyone help - spent all of yesterday trying various ways around...
  9. The Windows 10 built-in Photo App used to automatically import photos into folders...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows 10 built-in Photo App used to automatically import photos into folders...: [Note: I’m not a Windows user myself; this question is being asked on behalf of my dad] My dad uses a Canon digital PowerShot camera for work (it’s about 10 years old) and up until about a week or two ago, was apparently able to import photos via the built-in Photo app on...
  10. Windows Photo App - Cannot add folder AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog.exe Application...

Windows Photo App - Cannot add folder AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog.exe Application...: Hi. Since a coulpe of weeks i cannot add new folders to my Windows Photo app. All buttons to open dialog for choosing folders just do nothing. There is no error message displayed in the app itself. Steps that i tried before: 1. sfc /scannow Did not help 2. DISM /Online...