Windows 10: Windows Photos app does not display location info

Discus and support Windows Photos app does not display location info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The pictures I take using my Android phone contain location information, which I can see when I view Info in Google Photos. However, when I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rosm2004, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Rosm2004 Win User

Windows Photos app does not display location info

The pictures I take using my Android phone contain location information, which I can see when I view Info in Google Photos.

However, when I open the photos from OneDrive in Windows Photos and select Info, the location data is absent. Is this data not available in Windows Photos?

:)

Rosm2004, Apr 19, 2019

2. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Agata J. Win User

location of photos not displaying

Hi Susi0506,

Thank you for your post on the forum.

I understand you are experiencing problems with being able to see location of where you take your photos.

Please have a look at the following link where all the steps are described on how to set up this function:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/pictures/add-location-info-to-my-pictures

Also, please make sure that location of your phone in general is turned on. Please have a look at this link in order to find more info on how to set it up:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/apps/location-awareness-and-my-phone

I hope these steps will solve the issue.

Please feel fre to post in this thread if the issue persists or if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Agata J., Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Photos app does not display location info - Similar Threads - Photos app does

2. Photo App does not display the correct date taken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App does not display the correct date taken.: I went through a folder of pictures and changed the properties on each photo to have the correct taken by date. I even changed the dated created on a few, but the photo app completely ignores these changes. I also tried changing the photo taken date via the photo app. but,...
  3. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos: request to keep following the problem of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-wintop_apps-win_subphotos/slideshow-in-photos-app-does-not-display-more-that/bd76b053-c3b3-4113-be93-a5398165b1fa?messageId=b408803e-35ee-4574-8389-65ba0c356480Now the Photos...
  4. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos: request to keep following the problem of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-wintop_apps-win_subphotos/slideshow-in-photos-app-does-not-display-more-that/bd76b053-c3b3-4113-be93-a5398165b1fa?messageId=b408803e-35ee-4574-8389-65ba0c356480Now the Photos...
  5. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  6. No jpg file info in Photos app.

No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  7. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos: The slideshow in photos does not display more that 30 photos since June. I don't know which update patch cause this issue. Before the Windows Photos App change the UI to the newest version, everything is fine. Until now, so many problems come up. SlideShow display has a limit...
  8. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos: The slideshow in photos does not display more that 30 photos since June. I don't know which update patch cause this issue. Before the Windows Photos App change the UI to the newest version, everything is fine. Until now, so many problems come up. SlideShow display has a limit...
  9. Photos app does not display photos with a name starting with "IMG"

Photos app does not display photos with a name starting with "IMG": I have a MD My Cloud Mirror drive that I've been using for a long time with Windows 7. I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10. Once I added the folder in Photos app for the cloud drive, I found that Photos is not displaying allow of my photos in the index, therefore I can...
  10. The Windows 10 Movies & TV app does not display subtitles, but the Photos app displays them.

The Windows 10 Movies & TV app does not display subtitles, but the Photos app displays them.: I have .mkv videos with subtitles already in them but when I play them in Movies & TV app they aren't displayed. This isn't the case with another .mkv videos, the others are working properly. Weird thing is that when I tried to play the video in Photos app I discovered that...