Windows 10: Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons

Discus and support Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,When opening a photo using the "Windows Photos" app the file name strafes to the left and overlaps the title bar buttons close maximize minimize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hental, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Hental Win User

Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons

Hello,When opening a photo using the "Windows Photos" app the file name strafes to the left and overlaps the title bar buttons close maximize minimize buttons.Windows display language is in hebrew.any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

:)

Hental, Jul 26, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Want 'on top', 'favourite folder' buttons on app & other title bars?

Want buttons for 'on top', 'favourite folders', 'recent folders' and more on many of your Windows?

Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons [​IMG]

Actual Window Manager, which adds the buttons, is not free, but can be obtained effectively for free with the Trialpay scheme.
    Actual Window Manager: Multiple Monitors, Virtual Desktops, Windows Control and Other Useful Tools.
    Actual Title Buttons just adds buttons, so is simpler and cheaper - but also available via TrialPay
    Actual Title Buttons Order Center

Note the extra buttons on the title bar:
    1. Commands (drop down list) - = buttons not shown
    2. On top - pins the window to stay on top of others.
    3. Minimise to try

There's a wide range to choose from, and these apply to any window except for those without borders - typical example: multimedia programs.

The buttons are applied to Firefox.

Explorer and open/save dialogue buttons include favourite folders and recent folders.

There's file explorer, and the rt click tray icon options.

There's Photos, and you can see these buttons on the open/save dialogue.

That's Groove, with Wordpad and the open/save dialogue, showing a simple favorites dialogue.

And here's the main GUI for the program- lots to explore.

I thought I'd post this, as having used FileBox eXtender (free, discontinued) for years, I started looking for a modern equivalent. I couldn't find an effective freeware program that worked well enough (there are 2 or 3 such as Extrabuttons, Chamleon Window Manager Lite), and was surprised it integrated with Windows apps.

dalchina, Jul 26, 2021
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons

1. Windows Photos App file name overlaps title bar buttons - Similar Threads - Photos App file

2. Is it possible to hide or blure a apps name in title bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to hide or blure a apps name in title bar: hi, i don't want to show a particular app in windows 10, if it is possible like this 183782
  3. How to hide name of app in window title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide name of app in window title bar: How to hide name of app in window title bar so it just shows the file name. I don't care to see the name of the app. submitted by /u/throndar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nxbhps/how_to_hide_name_of_app_in_window_title_bar/
  4. Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar?: Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar in Windows 10 on certain files? Such as zip or exe. They are very annoying and the functions they offer are either useless or easily obtainable with another method. Picture is attached, with arrows showing the...
  5. Switch monitor button on title bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch monitor button on title bar missing: A few weeks ago, the often used button on the title bar to switch a window to a different monitor disappeared. I know the keyboard shortcut, but I'm wondering where the button went, and can't seem to find anything on how to get it back. Are there title bar settings somewhere...
  6. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  7. Search bar overlaps start button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar overlaps start button: My Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. After this update, I’ve had this bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-overlaps-start-button/f487d918-b267-4ea0-be1c-9935abe4f234
  8. Title bar buttons as on MacOS

Title bar buttons as on MacOS: Hello Microsoft Community! I have a small question - is it even possible (through system properties or registry) to revert (mirror) title bar default appearance? I've tried LeftSider before, but it'd returned me title bar buttons on the left side with bug - title of app...
  9. Back button in Your Phone app (compact view) is gone and the app name overlaps with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Back button in Your Phone app (compact view) is gone and the app name overlaps with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Talib_Dota [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6czta/back_button_in_your_phone_app_compact_view_is/
  10. Why is the window name on the title bar blacked out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the window name on the title bar blacked out?: The text on the titlebar suddenly started being blacked out There is a screenshot here: ​http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psq825itwa.png [img] Does anyone know a way of fixing that? - Jonatan Søgaard 75066