Windows 10: Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

Discus and support Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eilhart, Aug 1, 2020.

1. eilhart Win User

Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the image. Usually working with .jpg and .png files. It started happening fairly recently. It worked fine before. I need to close and open it a couple of times before I get it to work.

Windows version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.959).

:)

eilhart, Aug 1, 2020

2. Deleting Random image files from Photos App, Windows 10

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for writing tom Microsoft Community Forums.

Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC, phone, OneDrive and other devices, and puts them in one place, where you can more easily find what you’re looking for. Please refer

See all your photos
    for more details.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and try deleting the source folder of the image file from the Photos App.

1. Open Photos App.
    2. Click on the image you want delete to full view.
    3. Right click on the image in full view and select
      File info.
    4. Check and make a note of Folder Path of the image file.
    5. Then go back by clicking on back arrow at the top left corner.
    6. Click on Ellipsis icon at top right corner and choose
      Settings.
    7. Click on X button on noted folder path in the list of folder paths under
      Here is the list of what we have found so far and check.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Aug 1, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

Images not saving in Windows Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• How did you tried saving the photos?

• What is the status when you try to save the photos? Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to run an app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run App Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to go through the below article and check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

1. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images - Similar Threads - Photos app hangs

2. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  3. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  4. Windows apps close when trying to view images in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps close when trying to view images in Explorer: I've had this issue for a few months now, and nothing I've done seems to be helping, and I hope someone may have some idea. I do did pre-COVID? a bunch of photography, and have a folder with over 13k images it needs organization, I know.... I use Explorer with the Preview...
  5. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images: Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the image. Usually working with .jpg and .png files. It started happening fairly recently. It worked fine before. I need to close and...
  6. How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App: I have a PFM file 32-bit floating point image and I want to view it using Windows 10 Photos App. Although this application exists in my system, I am unable to find it at ' Open With' options. It tried the typical Windows Photo Viewer however it does not support PFM format....
  7. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection: Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto zoom/cropping that happens to images in a Photos App collection when viewing it??? As in not when opening an individual image but when there are multiple images in a folder or collection. cheers....
  8. Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing: Since June of this 2018 I have noticed that the photos uploaded from my camera in raw format onto the computer running Win 10 Pro look enhanced when I open them for viewing and culling. When I import them into my photo editor (Not the Photo APP with Win10 Pro) they resume...
  9. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...